Camera What is so special in Nikon brand cameras and lenses? why you chosen this from the others?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member want's to discuss body camera model specified in the topic.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi Nikon users on the forum! :)
I want to start any discussion here in Nikon subforum, that is not empty any more.. ;)
And I started with the question, that always intresting me, as I've been Olympus user and is intresting every camera brands too and why people choose them from the others.. :)
So.. Welcome to discussions about Nikon ;) I hope to learn something new about.. :)

Reactions: Karl

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Natalia you caught me up!
I was thinking of starting a new thread as well but you came first! :)

Nice question!
Many people would answer with statements and arguments of any kind.
I've been a Nikon user since I was a kid.
In my life I've used cameras from other brands as well. I've used Minolta cameras (back in the film time), I've used Canon, Sony and a few more....

To be honest, nowadays all cameras are fine!
Each camera brand has its system well built with their strengths or weaknesses.

One day somebody asked a great photographer a question.
Which is the best camera to buy?
He answered
Go to a camera shop and choose the one that fits better in your hand....

Personally speaking, I use nikon for the following reasons. I always liked the brand both in design and performance and it always fitted in my hand the best.

In the digital era I prefer Nikon because I like the Raw file output result. More than other brands. I have to say that my opinion and reasons are clearly subjective and have to do with personal taste and like.

I would like to use as well a Fuji mirrorless camera at some time.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
panos_adgr panos_adgr great answer ;) .

I say you , sometime '' this'' camera brand can find you!! as it was with my adwenture with Olympus cameras.
I thought to by as ''my first own digital camera'' any Canon, Sony or Nikon, but Olympus just find me! I has long long time ago my first own camera- ''film camera'' Olympus, It only was broken fastly :D, maybe because as a children I didn't know how to use it well šŸ¤“ :ROFLMAO: . So.. althought we had as ''family'' camreas Kodak film camera- it was fine camrea!, and later only Sony cyber shot digital camera.
I thought really to buy own Sony camera .. but as I said , Olympus find me again :love:. And I has been used my secound Olympus camera, the first I bought 3 years ago, as the secound hand camre- Pen6, it worked well, but year ago it just gone broken, and after them but I bought my Omd em 10III mark an I love so much the Olympus brand cameras and lenses that I don't change them easy to anothers :D I'm feeling like the brand cameras and lenses are just taken for me :love:, and the brand connect people too, I meet a lot of wonderful friends because of Olympus :love:

But your reasons to choose Nikon are too great :) and intresting, lot of great horse photographers use Nikon cameras and lenses :) it's because the brand intrest me :)

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
panos_adgr panos_adgr great answer ;) .

I say you , sometime '' this'' camera brand can find you!! as it was with my adwenture with Olympus cameras.
I thought to by as ''my first own digital camera'' any Canon, Sony or Nikon, but Olympus just find me! I has long long time ago my first own camera- ''film camera'' Olympus, It only was broken fastly :D, maybe because as a children I didn't know how to use it well šŸ¤“ :ROFLMAO: . So.. althought we had as ''family'' camreas Kodak film camera- it was fine camrea!, and later only Sony cyber shot digital camera.
I thought really to buy own Sony camera .. but as I said , Olympus find me again :love:. And I has been used my secound Olympus camera, the first I bought 3 years ago, as the secound hand camre- Pen6, it worked well, but year ago it just gone broken, and after them but I bought my Omd em 10III mark an I love so much the Olympus brand cameras and lenses that I don't change them easy to anothers :D I'm feeling like the brand cameras and lenses are just taken for me :love:, and the brand connect people too, I meet a lot of wonderful friends because of Olympus :love:

But your reasons to choose Nikon are too great :) and intresting, lot of great horse photographers use Nikon cameras and lenses :) it's because the brand intrest me :)

3 years ago I was searching for a second compact camera body to carry it with me all the time. I was between Olympus OMD EM 5 mark II and Sony a6000. Finally I chose the Sony a6000. And after a couple of years I sold it.... I think it would be better to buy an Olympus... Anyway this is past.
Olympus is a great system and has great lenses! Fine glasses! šŸ˜Š

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
3 years ago I was searching for a second compact camera body to carry it with me all the time. I was between Olympus OMD EM 5 mark II and Sony a6000. Finally I chose the Sony a6000. And after a couple of years I sold it.... I think it would be better to buy an Olympus... Anyway this is past.
Olympus is a great system and has great lenses! Fine glasses! šŸ˜Š

Olympus touch 6, or Olympus OM-D e m5 Mark III !! I itself think to buy them as a secound cameras.. if I will have money again! :love: šŸ™ .

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Hi ! I started with a Nikon D60 (250ā‚¬ with lens). Then, i decided to keep Nikon because i know the differences between different models.
1 : Start Nikon D60 (occasion 250ā‚¬)
2 : D3100 (occasion 300ā‚¬)
3 : D300 (occasion 400ā‚¬)
4 : D7100 (neuf, cadeau)

I kown people who prefere Canon, but it still the same ...
Pentax got tropicalised lens and cameras
I don't know olympus
Sony is too expensive

D

Deleted member 250

I started with Nikon as the bodies suited me. Over the years I have aquired a small collection of lenses that suit the way I shoot.
My 7000 becomes an extension of me when shooting as changing settings is second nature and I don`t need to think I just do!
I am not a gear freak and only change or add items when I really find them neccessary.