What is your preferred editing software?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
I tried luminar, it's not bad at all, but sometime it close alone ...

Reactions: Jack

Baenki

Sep 9, 2020
Jack Jack about the features in Affinity. You pretty much get all the tools you expect from a photo editor, from color to sharpening, different filters etc. As soon as you are out of raw development you can do everything non-destructive and on layers. You can also do batch processing as far as I know and it contains a tool for focus stacking and hdr stacking. Export wise you get a large amount of format and also can edit lots of them. This is the first image processor I've used that allows the editing of pdfs. In addition it is cross compatible with psd files but I don't know how complete the compatibility is as I didn't use that before.

I would recommend to check their trial version. It is fully featured and only time limited.

Edit: I also recommend the tutorials by Olivio Sakiras on YouTube. He gives a good overview of many of the functionalities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I start my workflow mostly with LR and export it as a PSD to PS or as a TIFF to Helicon focus. For PS itself I use Topaz studio for the noise reduction and increasing micro details. Later on I finish the picture with LAB sharpening, high-pass filter or other tools. Sometimes dodge & burn, sometimes adding sone sun rays or things like that.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thanks a lot Baenki Baenki , I will definitely check it out , as for the price seems to be ok.