What is your preferred editing software?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I have never tried capture one or affinity. All the time Lightroom, Photoshop, Luminar, they seems to do what I want to achieve at the end.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I use mosly Lightroom for editing and some Photoshop work now and then. I would give up Lightroom in a heartbeat for any of the other alternatives but Photoshop never :LOL:

PS seems to be more for professional work, example if you are shooting professional portraits or weddings.

Baenki

Sep 9, 2020
Jack Jack Affinity is pretty nice for the price. 50€ and you get yourself a pretty powerful retouching and post processing tool. I think if you have Photoshop it is better than Affinity but if not, it is a good alternative.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Jack Jack Affinity is pretty nice for the price. 50€ and you get yourself a pretty powerful retouching and post processing tool. I think if you have Photoshop it is better than Affinity but if not, it is a good alternative.

Is the price lifetime Baenki Baenki ? Have you tried luminar or Topaz?

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
I tried to edit a picture with Capture one pro, a picture that I already edited with LR, and ... the result is better :) But i always used LR so it's hard to change ...

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I tried to edit a picture with Capture one pro, a picture that I already edited with LR, and ... the result is better :) But i always used LR so it's hard to change ...

You jus need to get used to it. Changing from one system to an other one, sometimes can be a bit of headache.

Baenki

Sep 9, 2020
Jack Jack Affinity is a perpetual license for 50 bucks. You will get all updates for version 1 forever. If they ever build a completely new version you'll have to rebuy, but that is far into the future if you can believe them.

Topaz I have never tried, I have Luminar but didn't really like it. I don't know if it is my PC or the software but it seems slow in import, editing and especially export. I played with it a little and you can get impressive results, though.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
@Jack Affinity is a perpetual license for 50 bucks. You will get all updates for version 1 forever. If they ever build a completely new version you'll have to rebuy, but that is far into the future if you

That's pretty much all softs companies does the same, including Luminar. But for the price is not bad, in terms of editing functionalities, how rich is it?

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Topaz I have never tried, I have Luminar but didn't really like it. I don't know if it is my PC or the software but it seems slow in import, editing and especially export. I played with it a little and you can get impressive results, though

I have same issue with luminar sometimes, but still does a lot, the new one has built in Ai which is good for portrait. Topaz does provide some nice addons, and also I found the best soft for removing noise from images.