Photography What subjects to shoot during the winter?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
This thread is about general or macro photography discussion. Feel free to talk as much as you want :).

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Berries that's a good idea. I probably should try it when I have some free time.
Jack, I was waiting for something in the oven, so I brought some of the berries, branches and leaves inside to shoot in the lightbox. I had fun with those. They are so brightly colored!

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Jack, I was waiting for something in the oven, so I brought some of the berries, branches and leaves inside to shoot in the lightbox. I had fun with those. They are so brightly colored!
Feel free to share some images :D

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
It doesn't get cold enough here where I live in winter for it but if I had snow I would have to try snowflake and frozen bubble photography. We have access to snow but it's a good 3+ hours drive to get to it, so I find other things to shoot indoors like UV, waterdroplet, high key, etc

Reactions: MARCHAND Angélique

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
It doesn't get cold enough here where I live in winter for it but if I had snow I would have to try snowflake and frozen bubble photography. We have access to snow but it's a good 3+ hours drive to get to it, so I find other things to shoot indoors like UV, waterdroplet, high key, etc

Macro photography is that type of photography that you can take pictures anywhere.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Good question! I will search for ice crystals with or without sunrays / sunsets / etc., frozen landscapes and maybe some lichen or thinks like that. But actually it's just grey, dark and wet. But next week should be better... even if it's still to warm for ice crystals. But the winter will come....

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I have no idea, at the moment the weather is not that bad. But were i walk the dog it is not much to shoot at the moment, maybe when we get some snow. But have to check how the sony a7rii holds up against cold weather first.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Was wondering the same thing as just got into macro photos and now can't find anything interesting to take photos of.

There are a lot of things which you can take pictures, indoors you can try coins, jewelleries , ice, water droplets. Obviously you need time.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I have no idea, at the moment the weather is not that bad. But were i walk the dog it is not much to shoot at the moment, maybe when we get some snow. But have to check how the sony a7rii holds up against cold weather first.

The camera should be ok, they made to last even in cold weather . But better check the manual before trying it.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Good question! I will search for ice crystals with or without sunrays / sunsets / etc., frozen landscapes and maybe some lichen or thinks like that. But actually it's just grey, dark and wet. But next week should be better... even if it's still to warm for ice crystals. But the winter will come....

I think you did ice crystals last year, if I’m not wrong.