Your opinion? Wild flower

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

johnpunnen

Apr 26, 2020
During this Lockdown it's difficult to find flowers since it's summer in UAE I found this one in a remote place & managed to collect it. So did this shot during night under fluorescent light.
Camera Nikon D850
Lens Nikon 105mm Macro
Aperture f/51
ISO 100
Exposure 30sec
Flash No

Attachments

• _D851327.jpg
    11.5 MB · Views: 7

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
But although beautiful flower 😍
Maybe any good editing can do good job with the picture? Maybe any cropping and adjustment 😎
Do you shoot in Raw form?
Which software do you use for your pictures processing? 😊

johnpunnen

Apr 26, 2020
I did manual focusing but dont know it come big blury infact it was put on 10 sec timer also to avoid camera shake even on tripod. Next time will try with stacking.
I did a study over it & found the answer for this focus issue.
A higher f-number (technically a smaller aperture) contributes to sharpness in two ways. Firstly the depth of field is increased, thus objects which would appear blurry are now rendered sharp. Secondly a smaller aperture reduces aberrations which cause the image to appear soft even at the plane of focus.

In a perfect lens light coming from an object spreads out, passes through the aperture and then is focussed into a dot on the film/sensor plane. However real lenses suffer from aberrations, such as spherical aberration whereby the light passing through the aperture isn't all focussed at the correct distance, light passing through the edges of the aperture might come into focus in front of or behind the sensor, and thus not form a precise dot but a smear. Closing the aperture simply blocks the light from the edges thus it can't have a softening effect on the image.
If you make the aperture too small then diffraction occurs, whereby light spreads out, again causing a softening of the image. So for every lens there is a crossover point where the increase in sharpness from reducing aberrations is balanced by the decrease in sharpness from diffraction. This is the "sweet spot
Here my f number is too small it's f/51. That's the culprit.

johnpunnen

Apr 26, 2020
That's fine 😎
Me too, only editing in Lr classic cc ,usually and sometimes PScc, but Camera RAW is to nice, especially then you want to continue in PS 😎👊
I do it in camera raw because previously I used to edit in LR & found the final result to be more grains. In Camera RAW I see it less