Your opinion? Wristwatch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Oh well it's been raining quite heavily here recently, so I thought I would try my hand at something different. A wristwatch, taken with Canon R5, LAOWA 100mm F2.8 Macro 2X, no flash (just lit with table lamp & a cheap diffuser), 1/15th, f/11.0, Iso 5000, processed using ON1 No Noise & Photoshop.
I am quite pleased with the outcome and am now keen to get a Lightbox to try other things. :)
I am interested to know your thoughts, opinion, tips, guidelines and any other critique you may have.
Thanks all. 231021_Watch_2048.jpg

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
The blacks are perfect, and excellent contrast. I can almost see the glow in the dark effect of the individual dots and hands on the inner face. Love it.

Reactions: Andy Smith

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
The light is just perfect. It emphasizes all the fine details and the fading dark background is a great contrast! Wouldn't change anything!

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Very nice work, looks very pro, the lighting is on point, soft and diffused, the angle and composition are great and the image and edit have great dynamic range, lots of texture and details still in all those shadows. Seems you have been doing this style for a while? Did you need to do much PS clean up? Whenever I try this style of photography, even when I am careful I spend majority of post editing cleaning up dust, fluff and whatever little imperfections that stand out 🤷‍♂️. Anyways I love the shot, very well made 🙏

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Very nice work, looks very pro, the lighting is on point, soft and diffused, the angle and composition are great and the image and edit have great dynamic range, lots of texture and details still in all those shadows. Seems you have been doing this style for a while? Did you need to do much PS clean up? Whenever I try this style of photography, even when I am careful I spend majority of post editing cleaning up dust, fluff and whatever little imperfections that stand out 🤷‍♂️. Anyways I love the shot, very well made 🙏
Thanks Chavezshutter, there was a bit of touching up / cleaning in PS but not so much really, just a few dust spots and some hair if I remember correctly, oh and a couple of scratches that caught the light wrong and didn't look right to me. I thoroughly cleaned all surfaces before I started, but still you get finger prints, dust, smudges and fluff coming from who knows where.
I did enjoy making this shot though so thanks again for the comment.

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Chavezshutter