Xanthogaleruca luteola (Chile)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
53 images stacked in Helicon Focus, retouched in Photoshop
Magnification 3X
ISO 100, 1/125, 2 Flashes and home made difusser
Laowa ultra macro lense

View attachment 783ro

I was looking at laowa lens, but is very pricey. i might change my mind after your pictures))

you could have the bug in center of image, will have a better look.

rcorteschile

Renato Cortés
Apr 11, 2020
Really ? That’s the way to be professional . But the results are worth having a look .

You have to prepare and position your subject. Then, based on the magnification, estimate the number of images and the separation between each one. Take the pictures, then process in a stacking program, and retouch some details in another such as PS.

Reactions: Steph and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
You have to prepare and position your subject. Then, based on the magnification, estimate the number of images and the separation between each one. Take the pictures, then process in a stacking program, and retouch some details in another such as PS.

I think this takes you a bit of time to do all that process. Where do you get all those insects ?

Karl

Mar 16, 2020
Good magnification, and good details on insect. Did you took picture on black paper or something? Or just photoshop?

rcorteschile

Renato Cortés
Apr 11, 2020
Good magnification, and good details on insect. Did you took picture on black paper or something? Or just photoshop?
I use a piece of black velvet behind the subject, then I adjust the shadow curve in Photoshop to make it darker.

Reactions: Jack