Your opinion? Zombie Ghekko

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
While cleaning the room today I found this dead baby Gekko under the sofa, dried and desiccated. and as much as I like Gekko's I thought I would immortalise the poor thing in a photo. Good practice for me and a fair send off for this one who didn't quite make it.
I was manually focusing each shot without using my macro rail, so I missed focus in a few areas but it was a fun project. I originally set out to test the auto focus bracketing function on the Canon R5 but now realize this does not work with a flash, which is rather disappointing but lesson learned.
A stack of 28 images, stacked in Affinity photo and processed in photoshop. I also tried to give a zombie type colour grading - Did I hit the mark?

Canon R5, Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro, Canon MT-26EX-RT Twin Lite flash.
f/10.0, ISO 100, 1/25th

Zombie Ghekko_2048.jpg

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Poor little guy šŸ˜¢. I appreciate the sentiment, its a nice thing to do so well done . You did a fine job capturing the gecko, looks sharp and textured, stack looks clean, reflection is a nice touch. Sadly I think its past its best days as a subject but as a hommage this is fine. Good work.

Reactions: Andy Smith

lovitazoe

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Oh no...poor little guy. it must be dead quite long ago. I like the sharpness of it and the clean black background. Oh and the white frame too!šŸ˜ƒ It makes the whole photo more aesthetical.

Reactions: Andy Smith