Your opinion? a few insects

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

wilw

Jun 4, 2022
I follow my predecessors as far as technology is concerned. But as a visual image I find them rather flat. Depth is largely lacking in the images. Mainly because they were taken from above :)

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I follow my predecessors as far as technology is concerned. But as a visual image I find them rather flat. Depth is largely lacking in the images. Mainly because they were taken from above :)
Well flat or not, it was the best i could do. I am not a professional photographer, am just a very new beginner and my understanding of a lot of aspects of it are zero or extremely limited. I try my best to get my head around it and try to bring it into practice. But most of the time i just simply can not get it done.

Reactions: wilw

wilw

Jun 4, 2022
Well flat or not, it was the best i could do. I am not a professional photographer, am just a very new beginner and my understanding of a lot of aspects of it are zero or extremely limited. I try my best to get my head around it and try to bring it into practice. But most of the time i just simply can not get it done.
Every one had to start from scratch ;-)
But what I meant was that if you take the photos a little more from one side, you get more depth in the image. You can vary the image depth by adjusting your aperture.
This also makes your subject stand out from the background better, making the subject stand out (even) more

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Every one had to start from scratch ;-)
But what I meant was that if you take the photos a little more from one side, you get more depth in the image. You can vary the image depth by adjusting your aperture.
This also makes your subject stand out from the background better, making the subject stand out (even) more
Thanks. Big chance i forget it again when taking next photo. I always use f/8 or f/11 with my Sony a7rii + Laowa 100 f/2.8 2x macro lens.

wilw

Jun 4, 2022
I tried before but then i only get a very very tiny part of the insect in focus, sometimes just the head or an antenna and the rest is out of focus.
If you want to capture the subject sharp from front to back, f/8 and higher is fine. But ... everything becomes sharp, including your background, with the result that the two are often difficult to distinguish from each other.
It's a choice you have to make ;-)

Reactions: TMG1961