Your opinion? A full on macro

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
f/7.1
1/250s
iso 125
60mm
Nikon D5000

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Hi friends,

When I started to shoot macro, I was looking for pure macro close ups and not much. With the Nikon 5000D and 60mm Nikkor that my husband owned, I shot this fly. I was so proud at that time; today it's like: meah....

feel free to criticise ;)

DSC_0117 bisb.jpg

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Hi Yohanna_D Yohanna_D ! The picture is good, but for me, the most important thing on fly, is eyes, I want to see their eyes and forms, and this is not easy at all ... Here, this is not the case. The piscture is good, but not perfect for me :p Maybe try more clarity on the eye ?

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
it's normal Greg Greg to not see every single facet of the eye, I don't have a pure macro 1:1 lens that could magnify the eye and see every single detail. for a simple 60mm macro lens, the head and part of the fly is really on focus and sharp. :)

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi friends,

When I started to shoot macro, I was looking for pure macro close ups and not much. With the Nikon 5000D and 60mm Nikkor that my husband owned, I shot this fly. I was so proud at that time; today it's like: meah....

feel free to criticise ;)

View attachment 6856

Hello Yohanna_D Yohanna_D . For me it is sitll great picture that you can be proud 😉.
Very enjoyable for an eye, beautiful colours, shades, sharpness in right place, the DOF. Maybe I would try to remove shadows from the fly and as Greg Greg Has suggested play with texture and clarity.. But it's still great picture 🙏. And here Ron Westbroek Ron Westbroek is an expert of shooting files and ZAMIR PENA ZAMIR PENA 😉😁😂

Reactions: Yohanna_D

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hi Yohanna_D Yohanna_D , a bit late from me. Again something new from you here on site. What I would say , maybe increasing the shadow a bit , as the subject is a bit dark. Apart from that, I like it ;) .

Greg Greg mentioned about clarity, I think that's no needed, I already zoomed the image, and subject's eyes looks very sharp to me, unless my screen lies to me :)

Reactions: Yohanna_D and Greg