Apple A Jagged Ambush Bug!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The photo attached to this topic has been taken by an Apple product(phone).

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
There is to much blur , and the subject is not really in focused. I’m not sure, but check your phone, must have manual settings when shooting. That might improve a bit the focus and details.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Good evening greamy greamy , no bad as maked by phone.. ;) , quite nice colours.. ;)
Which phone do you use? ,and have you tried macrolenses for iPhone cameras? .. . ;)

greamy

Aug 10, 2020
There is to much blur , and the subject is not really in focused. I’m not sure, but check your phone, must have manual settings when shooting. That might improve a bit the focus and details.
I actually took a lot of photos of this, but it was very difficult to get the bug in focus, because I was so close and a little shaky while taking the photo. I’ll check if I can find manual settings though, that’s a great idea.

Reactions: Jack

greamy

Aug 10, 2020
Good evening greamy greamy , no bad as maked by phone.. ;) , quite nice colours.. ;)
Which phone do you use? ,and have you tried macrolenses for iPhone cameras? .. . ;)
This was taken with an iPhone 10, and I just bought a macro-lens for my iPhone, and was testing it out with this photo. I really love the colors and quality of the photo with the lens. I think my favorite thing about the lens is the wonderful blur it adds into the background, although as you can see, its sometimes hard to get the right things in focus.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I actually took a lot of photos of this, but it was very difficult to get the bug in focus, because I was so close and a little shaky while taking the photo. I’ll check if I can find manual settings though, that’s a great idea.

That’s the best. As your phone might not know your intention and what you want to achieve..

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
The composition with the insect is really great but I agree to Jack Jack. A macro lens and camera would really improve the quality and you've much more options like the focus and aperture.

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
whoa!! I have no idea how you could have seen this small bug; the composition and colors are awesome; the only small issue with the sharpness of the insect; I find the center of the flower lot more sharp than the insect itself - especially the head of the insect; but it's just a small detail. :D