Your opinion? At the dawn of times

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
f/7.1
1/250s
90 mm
iso 400
Canon 1000D (my first reflex camera)

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Hi friends,
This photo is purely to share my first experiences with photography - especially macro - it's where the "desease" of macro got me.

It's far from being perfect but 8 years ago I was so proud of this photo. Now... it's just a simple photo...

So go ahead: feel free to criticise it 😆 😂 🙃

IMG_0191 bis.jpg

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I agree with Helix_2648 Helix_2648 I cant see much wrong with it. The one thing i may have done differently is framed the ladybug on the bottom left intersection (third rule) but then again I'm fairly loose on my interpretation of the third rule and when to use it. Looks pretty good to me. My first attempts at insect macro were nothing close to this :LOL: so well done!

Reactions: Yohanna_D

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Yeah Chavezshutter Chavezshutter , at that time I was struggling with the 1/3rd rule - I mean even now I don't tend to respect it all of the time; but then again, sometimes rules are made to be broken 😆
And I've always had this vision of not necessarily being "classic"🙃😁:devilish:

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Yohanna_D Yohanna_D Fully agree. My biggest issue with the rule of third is that its called a rule, it irritates me :LOL:. Its a guideline at best and good one to use when you can but its not a rule

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi friends,
This photo is purely to share my first experiences with photography - especially macro - it's where the "desease" of macro got me.

It's far from being perfect but 8 years ago I was so proud of this photo. Now... it's just a simple photo...

So go ahead: feel free to criticise it 😆 😂 🙃

View attachment 6752

I love the picture , is full of magic, as from magical forest.. , great colours and especially the backgroun make the picture for me very special.. :love: :love: :love: , no criticise from me too :D Yohanna_D Yohanna_D !

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
very very very very beautifull ! I love the red color ressorting with the flower and background ^^