Closed Theme Backlighting

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The Photo Theme is closed for entries and commenting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Hi friends,
I would like to propose a new theme " backlighting" where the sun is behind your subject and so you have to deal with if as if you were in front of it. It's not the easiest photo to take but once you've discovered the pleasure of this backlighting effect with flares naturally forming, you would love the result, i guarantee you.
Here is an example of what I mean by it.

The rules of this challenge:
Subject: any macro subject whether it's insects, arachnids, flowers, mushrooms
Rules: image must be taken by you, it has to be taken facing the sun to create the backlighting effect
Posts: One image per reply/publication, and posts as many as you wish. All members are allowed.
Starts: August 23th
Ends: September 13th

exifs: f/5.6, 1/400s, iso 400, 90mm, Canon 1000D

Best of luck

_MG_1033m_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi friends,
I would like to propose a new theme " backlighting" where the sun is behind your subject and so you have to deal with if as if you were in front of it. It's not the easiest photo to take but once you've discovered the pleasure of this backlighting effect with flares naturally forming, you would love the result, i guarantee you.
Here is an example of what I mean by it.

The rules of this challenge:
Subject: any macro subject whether it's insects, arachnids, flowers, mushrooms
Rules: image must be taken by you, it has to be taken facing the sun to create the backlighting effect
Posts: One image per reply/publication, and posts as many as you wish. All members are allowed.
Starts: August 23th
Ends: September 13th

exifs: f/5.6, 1/400s, iso 400, 90mm, Canon 1000D

Best of luck

View attachment 6627

Thank you Yohanna_D Yohanna_D for the theme. I love to play with backlighting! 🙏🤩. I'Ll post my pictures so fast as possible! 🤩. I just need to write the post for you!
After reading you can delete 😂😂😂. Back with pictures..🤩🤩

• Love
Reactions: Yohanna_D

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
I don't think I have picture for this theme, i'll try to make one later if I got time ^^

Reactions: Yohanna_D

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Thanks again for the theme Yohanna_D Yohanna_D :love: 🙏 🤓
Here is my one, found fastly in my Media galery.. From last prink.. In the picture the autumn leave in the melting snow.. This, spring evening was beautiful sun lighting , I took lot of exciting pictures this time, but this one is jut my favourite! Lot of old members the forum have seen it but not newests .. so I share it here.. :)
More tomorrow!

I\m very exciting about the photo theme ,as I love to work with backlighting in all kind of photography.
I\ll share more! As lot as I can and i\ll have time for.. :D and of course exciting to see another members work with backlighting :love::love::love:
for me Yohanna and panos_adgr panos_adgr are masters for me to this time but.. MAybe someone will suprise with.. :LOL:🤩

full

1/40s , f4,5, ISO 250. Olympus omd em 10 mark III . Olympus 60mm macro. hend hending, no flash

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Wow your photo is really beautiful with awesome colors and the light was handled like a pro; really gorgeous! I am glad you shared this oldie but goodie photo; Looking forward yo your other photos;
I will post some others tomorrow too. :) This theme is looking more than promising :)

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
IMG_7287 as Smart Object-1.jpg
Hi everyone,

a new one with the same technique at dusk right before the sun would "fall asleep";
This photo was taken in Romania (my home country)

exifs: f/2.8, 1/640s, iso 200, 90mm, Canon 1000D, no tripod

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Those are very nice photos! Here is my contribution, this is the day I discovered bokeh balls early in my photography days, probably just a little over the top with f/2.8 but I was specifically trying to get some bokeh action for experimentation.

Canon EOS 30D, 100mm EF 100mm macro, ISO 200, f/2.8, 1/500sec, handheld, no flash

IMG_1972.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.