Beginner in need of help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjismiller

Oct 9, 2020
Hi guys. I would love to learn to shoot macro properly. I used to use a bridge camera and close up filter. However, I purchased an Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mkiii and treated myself to my first proper macro lens the Olympus 60mm f/2.8. I am looking for advice on any good books out there to buy for macro but also what sort of flash to get for macro? I don't want to spend more than around £50 on a flash at the moment however. Thanks in advance

Solution
Hi
I have the Olympus FL 900R myself, but you weren't looking for it in that budget.
The godoxes shown here are very good replacements for the original Olympus flash units.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hi guys. I would love to learn to shoot macro properly. I used to use a bridge camera and close up filter. However, I purchased an Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mkiii and treated myself to my first proper macro lens the Olympus 60mm f/2.8. I am looking for advice on any good books out there to buy for macro but also what sort of flash to get for macro? I don't want to spend more than around £50 on a flash at the moment however. Thanks in advance

Hello benjismiller benjismiller , I’m not an Olympus user. If you are looking for a flash , you might check third party companies like

or

i never used them. I think nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo or Ron Westbroek Ron Westbroek might give a better answer here as they are using olympus camera .

What are you planning to shoot ?

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Says em-10 mkii but not Mkiii and I have a feeling some aren't compatible with the latter model?

I think that’s the item you were looking for:

and from description I read, looks like is not compatible with Mk 3

But If you check this one, it says that is compatible with most camera brands

Reactions: benjismiller
Status
Not open for further replies.