Photography Best way to selling prints?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
This thread is about general or macro photography discussion. Feel free to talk as much as you want :).

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo . While this is good topic. Its hard to say. You can try to put images on:

Shutterstock
Gettyimages

This are the biggest photo stock companies in the world. But, you need have the hundred of thousands of good images to earn some decent amount of money.

Regarding prints, try amazon shop, I don't know if it will work. I think nowadays the photography market is over saturated, and it's very hard to earn money from it, unless you really really good and very professional.

It's nice to make money from your hobby, but that is not something that you can do for living, for most of us I'm sure. Try also Facebook shop, I'm not sure how reliable they are.

The best advice what I can give is, go to your local shops, show them your portfolio and ask if they want some canvases or prints inside of their shop. That's good way to attract clients and show your images.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hello nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo . While this is good topic. Its hard to say. You can try to put images on:

Shutterstock
Gettyimages

This are the biggest photo stock companies in the world. But, you need have the hundred of thousands of good images to earn some decent amount of money.

Regarding prints, try amazon shop, I don't know if it will work. I think nowadays the photography market is over saturated, and it's very hard to earn money from it, unless you really really good and very professional.

It's nice to make money from your hobby, but that is not something that you can do for living, for most of us I'm sure. Try also Facebook shop, I'm not sure how reliable they are.

The best advice what I can give is, go to your local shops, show them your portfolio and ask if they want some canvases or prints inside of their shop. That's good way to attract clients and show your images.

thank you Jack, I think I want to have look at websites where clients can make a print themselves.. they look to be popular nowadays ...

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I tried to sell some of my pictures on Shutterstock but that's bullshit for normal macro / landscape pictures. The most customers of such platforms are bigger media agencies or companies who buys packages of 500 or more pictures and you just get 0,25ā‚¬ for a copy. I earned 6,25ā‚¬ in half a year even if I think that I uploaded some really high quality shots.

I don't have a recipe for success... unfortunately.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I tried to sell some of my pictures on Shutterstock but that's bullshit for normal macro / landscape pictures. The most customers of such platforms are bigger media agencies or companies who buys packages of 500 or more pictures and you just get 0,25ā‚¬ for a copy. I earned 6,25ā‚¬ in half a year even if I think that I uploaded some really high quality shots.

I don't have a recipe for success... unfortunately.
I heard a story, a guy sold his photo on shutterstock for couple of cents, and the company who purchased the photo, made some good money. The photo was related to Christmas. And the photographer tried to sued the company. But yes, there is nothing you ca do. Unless you have private clients who wish to purchase prints exceptionally from you.