Can be out of focus and not sharp picture be beautiful? :D

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
What do you think about?

The asking has came after reading a lot of commends here on the forum ''not in focus'' '' not sharp'' ''too much noice'' , but what about creative, art pictures? with breaking rulls , shooted with manuall, to get most creativly effects? , what about ''creative focus'', not sharp - soft pictures, with ''camera shaking'' effects, artistic noice &grain? Artistic shades, colours.. what only the artist create :D...?
Can be picture beautiful, althought this all... ;) ?

Art is not always easy to understand :D, but if all pictures look same, it start to be boring for us, especially photographers, that we watching the pictures.. , for example on the forum or FB
itself I'm looking for beautiful, out standing picture, with creative soul and unicly created picturs mostly :) , offen the photographers have this one idea not other.. or take an experiments with new techniques..
and the commends for the pictures as has been sometimes in the forum like: ''I'm affraid'' , ''I'm disappointed about you'' can kill the artists ;), so we need to be really cerful, how we write own opinion and qritique for the anothers photographers & artists ;)
and for nature phographers, esecially the ¨''right moment'' is the mostly importand and lot of pictures is taken only for fun too ;)

What do you think about it all! :)
Welcome to the dicussion ;)

Reactions: Natalie

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I think that a blurred picture can be for sure some kind of art, but mostly macro photographs takes pictures from insects or flowers with a vision in mind. This vision might be to set the focus on an eye of the insect or the pollen stem of a flower. A picture with a blurry bee on a flower was not made because the bee should be blurry but because of wrong focus. You can mostly see if the photograph wants to show you art or an insect which should be sharp and in focus. Maybe not all part of the insect but at least some detail which he wants to highlight.

This is the reason why other photographs give their comments, that something is not in focus. If they would notice, that it was not the goal to have a sharp image but an extra blurry picture as some kind of art they wouldn't comment like this. That means that your vision hasn't reached the viewer or the viewer hasn't understood your vision.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 250

Hi nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo Maybe when you upload your artistic images you could include a brief explanation of what you are trying to achieve and your reasons and visions behind the image (preferably without a load of emocions ;)).
Macro can indeed be artistic but the medium still needs a level of skill to bring that about and to communicate to the viewer as in any form of art.
When asking for opinions would you rather people replied with "nice image" or do you want them to be truthful?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shan

2 2
Apr 12, 2020
artisitic photography, like motion blurr, wabi sabi and the likes, are a different chapter of photography. The photographer sets out to captures a certain mood, and is not satisfied till the ultimate result is achieved. It would be better if such showcases are marked as "artistic motion blurr", "artistic zoom burst" etc, so that its easier for us to understand and learn. :)

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
You are right in this that the picture good description is too very important , help to understand an idea of the photographer &artist, as it usually is in museums too ;)

Reactions: Jack and Shan
D

Deleted member 310

That remains my opinion, the macro allows people to discover insects or others that people do not notice. If the subject is blurred or if the eye is not attracted to a specific place that the photographer wanted to highlight, I do not see the point of making the macro. :unsure:

My comment may shock some people, but even for art photos, the reader's eye must have a point of reference so as not to get lost in reading the photo.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hi nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo Maybe when you upload your artistic images you could include a brief explanation of what you are trying to achieve and your reasons and visions behind the image (preferably without a load of emocions ;)).
Macro can indeed be artistic but the medium still needs a level of skill to bring that about and to communicate to the viewer as in any form of art.
When asking for opinions would you rather people replied with "nice image" or do you want them to be truthful?

I would say, it’s always to give at least a bit of advice, even if the picture is outstanding. I prefer to say the truth, in this way you make the photographer to develop his knowledge and skills.

If you say “nice photo” , nothing more, the person who took the picture, might think he is already professional and has nothing to learn or develop.

thats my opinion:)