Your opinion? Caterpillar

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EXIF
iso 160, f8, 1/50, 180 mm macro
D

Deleted member 310

View attachment 5106
salut @Christophe Berche , the result | got by editing in Lightroom classic cc ,there was not a lot possibilites as the composition is so centralled.. , I recommend to take pictures with some of space, so you (we )\ll have more possibilites to cropping and rotate. ;) to try new possibilites and potentials with pictures ;)
You're telling me there's not enough space on my picture, too centered, you just took back the raw file you processed in 2 minutes, no modification of the composition.

I took the trouble on my photo to add space on the left to avoid this problem.

Your treatment brings nothing at all to the photo, no nuance of hues, and contrast, the sharpness is not there, and the subtleties of the background have disappeared.

When I allow myself to retouch a picture of a band member, I spend a lot of time describing the picture, I try to emphasize the subject to sublimate the picture, and of course it remains my interpretation, except with Shan Shan where it took me 4 retouching after different exchanges, to get a result that suits him.

I never take a picture when I'm on my phone, I'm working on a 27" Imac, and always comment the pictures with a 100% zoom, I try to be fair in my comments, maybe sometimes a bit clumsy.

This is not a declaration of war, on the contrary, if you comment on a photo, you just have to be able to show it through retouching, which is not the case with this one. ;)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

crop 100%
Capture d’écran 2020-06-18 à 06.18.04.jpg

Capture d’écran 2020-06-18 à 06.18.27.jpg

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
You're telling me there's not enough space on my picture, too centered, you just took back the raw file you processed in 2 minutes, no modification of the composition.

Your treatment brings nothing at all to the photo, no nuance of hues, and contrast, the sharpness is not there, and the subtleties of the background have disappeared.

When I allow myself to retouch a picture of a band member, I spend a lot of time describing the picture, I try to emphasize the subject to sublimate the picture, and of course it remains my interpretation, except with Shan Shan where it took me 4 retouching after different exchanges, to get a result that suits him.

I never take a picture when I'm on my phone, I'm working on a 27" Imac, and always comment the pictures with a 100% zoom, I try to be fair in my comments, maybe sometimes a bit clumsy.

This is not a declaration of war, on the contrary, if you comment on a photo, you just have to be able to show it through retouching, which is not the case with this one. ;)

crop 100%
View attachment 5109

View attachment 5110
you know this super crop of only the abdominal prolegs was what i was thinking when i initially looked at your photograph @Christophe Berche . The sucker pads and the spiracles (the holes through which the cat breathes), is visible. Thanks for going inside my head :D

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020

crop 100%
View attachment 5109

View attachment 5110

Salut @Christophe Berche ,yes I didn't bring nothing special I know, it was a big challenge the picture 😂. But thanks for the chance and the challenge 😉.
More sharpness will be possible but not in Lightroom, it's almost full I got there 😄.
But the picture is well taking @Christophe Berche ,only more space will be get more possibles 😄. But yeah pictures is always an idea of photograpers, artists 🙂.
But for me evey picture learning me something new by editing it, so it's just great think to get pictures to editing so great Photographers as you 🙂.and as you use anothers cameras and lenses 😊. And you shooting in a quite different climate as me.. etc. 😉
Merce for the feedback too..
I've been just learning photography and and editing techniques... so I'm not an expert 😄.but I just love to picture editing, if just have enough time for it 🙂
But let's continue this game 😃

D

Deleted member 310

Salut @Christophe Berche ,yes I didn't bring nothing special I know, it was a big challenge the picture 😂. But thanks for the chance and the challenge 😉.
More sharpness will be possible but not in Lightroom, it's almost full I got there 😄.
But the picture is well taking @Christophe Berche ,only more space will be get more possibles 😄. But yeah pictures is always an idea of photograpers, artists 🙂.
But for me evey picture learning me something new by editing it, so it's just great think to get pictures to editing so great Photographers as you 🙂.and as you use anothers cameras and lenses 😊. And you shooting in a quite different climate as me.. etc. 😉
Merce for the feedback too..
I've been just learning photography and and editing techniques... so I'm not an expert 😄.but I just love to picture editing, if just have enough time for it 🙂
But let's continue this game 😃
when commenting on a photo, I try to be fair and impartial, I "correct", ( the word is not right but I don't think of any other word that comes to mind ) rather I try to bring another look, my vision on the posted photo that I find interesting in my eyes by pushing the treatment, to simply show the forum members that their work is great, but it only lacks practice in photo editing.
That's why I take time to retouch other people's photos, each time it's a personal challenge.
I say what I do, and I do what I say.

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
no offence to anybody but if i cannot bring anything extra or plus on the table I would refrain from criticizing the quality of the photograph, and acknowledge that the photographer has done his best in the given circumstances.

And in case all the problems for making this picture into a great picture is space..here I am giving you enough space...surprise us please!

space problem-shan-070428-.jpg

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
the forum is so special with you all, Jack don't need to bring here anything else to the forum to do it out standig and diffrend as anoters, special.. as he has us :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: it's enought :LOL:🥳

Status
Not open for further replies.