Your opinion? Cicada on my porch.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Hi Jeiman,
Your shot is ok but not great to be honest. It is sometimes challenging to get a nice composition of insects, especially because they move around so much and so quickly at times, but most people find the nicer compositions are from the side or from the front. This is because the eyes play a major part in an insects life and become the focal point for most images due to their unique build and qualities.
The wings of the Cicada are wonderful but your image misses the eyes and I personally think a shot from a lower angle, and from the front or 45 degrees from the front would produce a much more interesting image.

Jeiman

Mar 8, 2022
Hi Jeiman,
Your shot is ok but not great to be honest. It is sometimes challenging to get a nice composition of insects, especially because they move around so much and so quickly at times, but most people find the nicer compositions are from the side or from the front. This is because the eyes play a major part in an insects life and become the focal point for most images due to their unique build and qualities.
The wings of the Cicada are wonderful but your image misses the eyes and I personally think a shot from a lower angle, and from the front or 45 degrees from the front would produce a much more interesting image.
Here you go.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1690733141955.jpg
    FB_IMG_1690733141955.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 3