Your opinion? Cold snapped butterfly

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Sony A7iii, 100mm EF Canon macro lens, ISO 400, f/10, 1/100sec, no flash handheld

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hi,

We have had a few days of winter return to Melbourne in spring, while walking my dog yesterday I saw this poor butterfly struggling on the cold concrete footpath so i avoiding touching it as best as I could and took it home where I warmed it indoors and while sitting on my hand, eventually it looked livelier i took outside where, it stayed on this flower overnight.

I tried to move it just before posting to see if i could bring it indoors and feed it but it flew away somewhere still in my backyard but I could not find it, did what i could :confused: but I did manage to get a few good photos, I have yet to look up the butterfly type. *edit Caper White, Belenois java

DSC02350.jpg

Last edited:
  • Italian Face
Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Pixelchimper

Sep 26, 2020
Love this shot. Poor butterfly I hope it survives long enough to mate. Here in the UK they are all dead or hibernating now. That goes for all the insects. I went out this morning to collect a few and NOTHING but a few flies hanging on and one very angry wasp..

Reactions: Chavezshutter