Your opinion? Cold snapped butterfly

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Sony A7iii, 100mm EF Canon macro lens, ISO 400, f/10, 1/100sec, no flash handheld

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hi,

We have had a few days of winter return to Melbourne in spring, while walking my dog yesterday I saw this poor butterfly struggling on the cold concrete footpath so i avoiding touching it as best as I could and took it home where I warmed it indoors and while sitting on my hand, eventually it looked livelier i took outside where, it stayed on this flower overnight.

I tried to move it just before posting to see if i could bring it indoors and feed it but it flew away somewhere still in my backyard but I could not find it, did what i could but I did manage to get a few good photos, I have yet to look up the butterfly type. *edit Caper White, Belenois java

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Beautiful capture of a most beautiful colourful butterfly I do hope it survives the cold snap and ventures to carry on

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Pixelchimper

Sep 26, 2020
Love this shot. Poor butterfly I hope it survives long enough to mate. Here in the UK they are all dead or hibernating now. That goes for all the insects. I went out this morning to collect a few and NOTHING but a few flies hanging on and one very angry wasp..

Reactions: Chavezshutter
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…