Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Canon EOS M100 • EF-M28mm f/3.5 MACRO IS STM • ƒ/3.5 28.0 mm 1/40 5000 Flash (off, did not fire)

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Australian 20 Pence with the Platypus design. I saw online that there is a rare version of this coin out there. Can anyone shed some light on this?
IMG_8041_ds.jpg

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Greg Shchepanek Greg Shchepanek These are our standard 20 cent pieces, there are always limited editions of some of these coins which are made, usually to commemorate a special event and that's probably the rarer version you referring to. A platypus is a magical little cute animal, I have seen them in the wild and they are adorable. Probably one the craziest looking animals found, they thought a taxidermist was having a laugh when a specimen was first bought to Europe. Let me know if you want more info on these coins. I visited the mint where these coins are made many years ago

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
At the moment there is a rare version of the 50 cent piece with most of australia's animals around the outer edge of the coin. I'll see if i can score one for you

• Love

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Greg Shchepanek Greg Shchepanek These are our standard 20 cent pieces, there are always limited editions of some of these coins which are made, usually to commemorate a special event and that's probably the rarer version you referring to. A platypus is a magical little cute animal, I have seen them in the wild and they are adorable. Probably one the craziest looking animals found, they thought a taxidermist was having a laugh when a specimen was first bought to Europe. Let me know if you want more info on these coins. I visited the mint where these coins are made many years ago
That you so much Chavezshutter Chavezshutter your knowledge and insights astound me and I always look forward to your great comments. You are so lucky to be able to see a Platypus in the wild, did you get a photograph?

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Greg Shchepanek Greg Shchepanek thanks mate, unfortunately no photo, this was quite a while back long before I had ever picked up a camera and i was very fortunate to see one as they are very timid creatures that are not seen often. Hopefully some day i will get the chance to photo a wild one

• Smiling Face