Want critique Crystal ball...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Canon 70D, EF 100mm macro lens, natural light, hand held, ISO 200, f/7.1, 1/160s.

CA Madhu Ramaswamy

Feb 3, 2021
Not bad at all CA Madhu Ramaswamy CA Madhu Ramaswamy. There are some water drops which are our of focus, at the bottom on the photo. And I would say, green colour is to much presented on the background.
Thanks Jack for your comments. This tiny waterdrop was on Mimosa pudica (also known as the touch me not) plant. I could only manage to get this DoF considering it was hand held. If I had increased the Av number, then my Tv would have gone down further and I didn't want to bump up my ISO either, considering the noise that it will create. Agree on the color background being high, but I just left it unaltered during editing. :)

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thanks Jack for your comments. This tiny waterdrop was on Mimosa pudica (also known as the touch me not) plant. I could only manage to get this DoF considering it was hand held. If I had increased the Av number, then my Tv would have gone down further and I didn't want to bump up my ISO either, considering the noise that it will create. Agree on the color background being high, but I just left it unaltered during editing. :)

If zomming the photo, I still can see some noise presented. Maybe try to use a flash and diffuser

Reactions: CA Madhu Ramaswamy

CA Madhu Ramaswamy

Feb 3, 2021
If zomming the photo, I still can see some noise presented. Maybe try to use a flash and diffuser
I usually don't like to use Flash or any sort of artificial lighting, but like you said I will give it a try in my future macro work to avoid the noise. Thanks.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I usually don't like to use Flash or any sort of artificial lighting, but like you said I will give it a try in my future macro work to avoid the noise. Thanks.
Better to give a try, so you can make a difference and a choice afterwards.

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
i like the composition, but I think it can be perfect if the water can get more clarity ^^

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I mentioned some criticism in the above comments. The water drops are not completely sharp and the green color is too present. I would maybe change the angle to get some nice sharp reflections in the water drops. The idea itself is great and the composition is very good as well.

Reactions: CA Madhu Ramaswamy