Do you have your camera always with you or only when you really need it?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi! my all dear photographers friends on the forum there from around of the world ;) 📸📸📷
I have just a very intresting subject for discussion for you all and what is very intresting for me too, as well ;)

How often do you have your camera and anothers equipments with you ?
Do you keep it always with you, as a best friend and an unbroken part of yourself.. or only when you need it from time to time, as a planned photo walk& hobby , work using , or just ocasionlally from time to time, when you reallly need it?

Welcome to very intresting and exciting discussions ;) 📸📷📷📷

Reactions: Karl

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hi nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo , personally I’m not carrying my equipment with me often, unless is nice weather and I’m expecting something unique to shoot. But apart from that is a bit pointless for me to have camera with me all the time. Anyway, everyone is different here :)

John LB

Apr 19, 2020
That's indeed an interesting topic, personally I only take my camera when I know I'm going to a place where I can use it. The reason is that it's a hassle to carry around, especially that I don't have a car and usually take public transportation. Otherwise I think I'd have it on me more often

Rene Rufer

May 21, 2020
I usually take my equipment if I know the reason for my move to a special place and by acceptable weather. Exeption made for travel in a higher radius than 30 km. Otherwise, i have my phone to memorise goods locations.

D

Deleted member 250

As the majority of my images are taken within 200 metres of my house you could say that my camera is always with me. If I go further to shops etc I usually take my Panasonic LX3 in my pocket.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I usually take my equipment if I know the reason for my move to a special place and by acceptable weather. Exeption made for travel in a higher radius than 30 km. Otherwise, i have my phone to memorise goods locations.

A phone is good for everyday simple pictures. But if you want more high end. Then a camera is mandatory to have with you.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo , personally I’m not carrying my equipment with me often, unless is nice weather and I’m expecting something unique to shoot. But apart from that is a bit pointless for me to have camera with me all the time. Anyway, everyone is different here :)

Thanks Jack Jack for join to the very excting discussion for me :D . Photography is just a hobby, that take me very crazy 🤩 😁 . and merce John LB John LB 😉 . Nice to have you in this discussion , so i didn't need to write with myself :D

your pint of view is intresting and yeah every photographer is diffrend and has diffrend needs as well, because of them, camera bradns offer yours so lot of diffrents equipments , that everybody can find what needs.. ;)

Itself when I bought my first own camera, I choosen small Olympus Pen 6, small mirroless body, with changeble lenses, possibility to enjoy Olympus Zuiko systems in all :) it because I wanted to have camera always with me, as part of me.. just because to create best moments ! Oulu city , when I've been liveing is just great place for potograohers.. reasons is a lot as well, but one of most important jus climat! very exciting climat of the ''almost'' Actic , and really beautiful nature around of us, Oulu is just beautiful city, with nature and wildlife around of.. . very safe city too, small althought 5th biggest in Finland.. So safe that I didn't need to be affraid to have my expencive equipments always with me.. :)
I did like it by almost 2,5 years..

Noday I just feeling like I done almoste all pictures here :D , althought can take still better pictures.. :D especially with my new camera Olympus omd em 10marIII, that get me just a bit more opotrunites.. , but I just watching around of me and planning more cerfuly my pictures, and which equipments I get with me when I'm going to take pictures..the equpiments is just more as beffore :D, but isn't inpossible to get them all too.. (Olympus is just best in all :D ;).
SO, my Olympus camera is still an unbroken part of myself but in a bit diffrend way as beffore 🤩📸.

Photography is just lovely hobby 🤩😁 (with horses the two biggest my hobbys ;)) that just make my life much better ;)🤩📸

Reactions: Jack

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Just use a small camera or a pocket camera if you going too far away, and want to avoid carrying all equipment with you.

Same you can do with Olympus cameras, as they are small enough (depends of course which one too ) and take with you some of favourites lenses.. you just have best oportunity to capture most beautiful moments in best quality too.. ;) if they will .. of course.. ;) Best pictures is jjust taken in this right moment and right time, that you never know when it will come.. ;) :D