Locations Favourite location?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
This topic is open to discuss the best locations for (macro) photography or recommended locations based on member's geographical place.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello. What’s your favourite location for shooting macro photography during the spring and summer ?

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Is there a lot of spots for shooting insects and flowers, macro?
There are so many things to shoot here Jack. It is Ottawa's second largest protected area and consists of water areas, forests, fields, and the most impressive large peatland bog areas.

Reactions: Jack

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Good question Jack Jack. There's an old graveyard near my hometown (something around 1850-1950) which is now more or less a public park. It's full of snowdrops and crocus flowers. But I also love to go to the near forest to photograph the first early bloomers. I'm really looking forward to walk with my camera in the sun surrounded by blossoms.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Good question Jack Jack. There's an old graveyard near my hometown (something around 1850-1950) which is now more or less a public park. It's full of snowdrops and crocus flowers. But I also love to go to the near forest to photograph the first early bloomers. I'm really looking forward to walk with my camera in the sun surrounded by blossoms.
I believe the place is good to take images during the summer .

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
There are so many things to shoot here Jack. It is Ottawa's second largest protected area and consists of water areas, forests, fields, and the most impressive large peatland bog areas.
Not many, most people just go there for walks to get out of the house ... I am the one that get on my hands and knees to photo macros there

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
That's big fun for Greg Shchepanek Greg Shchepanek . I can't wait for summer, I want to visit Kew Gardens, so I can take some images of Butterflies. They have very nice places to visit.

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Greg Shchepanek