Your opinion? First post - radiant yellow

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
File name: EMG07384-Stack-flash-ISO100.JPG (Standard Exif Tags)
Date and Time : 2021:04:22 11:33:18
Manufacturer : RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Model : PENTAX KP

Contrast : Normal
Exposure Bias : +7/10 EV
Exposure Mode : Manual
Exposure Program : Aperture priority
Exposure Time : 1/160 s
Flash : Yes, compulsory
FNumber : F8
Focal Length : 90.0 mm
ISO Speed Ratings : 100
Metering Mode : Multi-segment
Saturation : Normal
Sharpness : Hard
White Balance : Auto

MikeB

May 16, 2021
In order to get a feel for this forum, trying to share an image using BBCode from my own webalbum. Feel free to click on the image to see a large version or see other images. My site is just my web album, no commercial intent, just moved there last year after Flickr increased prices.

This is one of my first attempts at stacking (I've only started a few weeks ago), can't remember how many images but should be ca.15. Converted from raw to tif with DarkTable, stacked with Zerene and edited with Gimp.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I can see clearly that there are good details. Personally i never done stacking as I usually don't go extreme macro, only macro photography. But I know Helix_2648 Helix_2648 he does stacking some times. You also can check resources page for tutorials.

You also can upload images on our server, but the limit size is 5mb, we set this to use server space more efficient.

I have never used Flickr before, how much is now to have stored images?

MikeB

May 16, 2021
I can see clearly that there are good details. Personally i never done stacking as I usually don't go extreme macro, only macro photography. But I know Helix_2648 Helix_2648 he does stacking some times. You also can check resources page for tutorials.
Thanks, I'll check it out!
You also can upload images on our server, but the limit size is 5mb, we set this to use server space more efficient.
I prefer to use BBCode to redirect to my own website where I can show larger sizes and maybe get people to see my other work as well.
I think the last time (just before I quit) they were asking between €66 and €80 (depending on which plan) per annum. For that money, I got my own domain name and 5Gb of server space. Set it up with Piwigo quite easily and now have much more options besides just hosting my own photos. I've been thinking about a blog on Global Trade Compliance (my profession) and one on image processing using open-source software, to name but a few.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thanks, I'll check it out!
I prefer to use BBCode to redirect to my own website where I can show larger sizes and maybe get people to see my other work as well.
I think the last time (just before I quit) they were asking between €66 and €80 (depending on which plan) per annum. For that money, I got my own domain name and 5Gb of server space. Set it up with Piwigo quite easily and now have much more options besides just hosting my own photos. I've been thinking about a blog on Global Trade Compliance (my profession) and one on image processing using open-source software, to name but a few.
I have never used Flickr as mentioned. I do upload on my own website all images which i have plenty of space.

Regarding bbcode, yes you can use, there aren't any restrictions (might be revised) on forum, however, your images won't appear on Media page as aren't uploaded directly on our server.

MikeB

May 16, 2021
Oh, and by the way, Jack Jack - I just got into stacking but I'll keep to 1:1 or maybe just a bit more. The extremer forms of stacking I find less appealing TBH for some reason I don't quite understand myself yet.

I've got loads of handheld "normal" macro and close-up. I'll share some images here once I get around to it!

Reactions: Helix_2648 and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Oh, and by the way, Jack Jack - I just got into stacking but I'll keep to 1:1 or maybe just a bit more. The extremer forms of stacking I find less appealing TBH for some reason I don't quite understand myself yet.

I've got loads of handheld "normal" macro and close-up. I'll share some images here once I get around to it!
Feel free to share the your images here MikeB MikeB . And yes, try please to avoid promoting personal portfolio. Apart from profile field. That's one of our rule which we are very strictly.

MikeB

May 16, 2021

Respect that so I took out the links.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

Thanks for understanding, we don't want site to be turned into spamming forum. But on your profile you can input links to your social media sites, websites and contact details if you'd like..

Reactions: MikeB

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Extreme macros above 1:1 are a challenge.. not just because of the light and the needed amount of pictures but more because of vibrations.
Especially if you're out in the field. But 2:1 withe a 1:1 macro and a Raynox DCR-250 works fine for me. Even in the field.

I'm hosting my pictures of a Strato cloud but I would need to generate a separate link for each picture which means a lot of extra work.
I've a homepage as well, but we agreed that we don't place any links to Social media platform not to any homepages. BBCodes are fine, but I cannot use it unfortunately.

MikeB

May 16, 2021
I'm hosting my pictures of a Strato cloud but I would need to generate a separate link for each picture which means a lot of extra work.
I set up my hosting-space with free Piwigo photo-album software. One of the available plugins is PiwiShack which automatically creates image links, url's or BBCode for any of the images on my site. I don't know what album software you are using but check whether similar plugins are available for it (I know Wordpress and Piwigo have them, many others as well):
1621253668559.jpg