Four-spotted Oak Bug (Dryophilocoris flavoquadrimaculatus)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo! No i prepare my pictures in LR and export it to Helicon Focus. I use PS only for my rendered stack for post-processing

Intresting, can you say Helix_2648 Helix_2648 something more , how you take the pictures for focus stracking in your camera?
I've been tried to learn focus stracking tehniques.. , I don't know which one is best for macros.. but you take so great and beautiful pictures with them, so if you wold like to say still only how you take them in camera? would be fine :)

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Before I bought my Canon EOS 90D I used an Android app called DSRL Controller with a special OTG USB cable (micro to mini USB) to set the nearest and farest focus point and the size between the focus steps. But this process was very cumbersome and has taken a long time. Approximately one picture every 2-3 second. Now I've my EOS 90D with an internal focus bracketing function which can take up to 7 pictures per second.

But you can only active this function if you use the LiveView screen. Just activate the function in the menu and choose the focus distance between each step (between 1-10) and the number of the pictures which you need for your stack. Then you've to focus on the nearest possible point of your flower or insect and press the button. The camera will automatically takes the pictures and move the focus away from you.

You can stop the process at everytime when you see, that you've covered all needed areas.

I use mostly 300 pictures and stop manually.

D

Deleted member 310

Before I bought my Canon EOS 90D I used an Android app called DSRL Controller with a special OTG USB cable (micro to mini USB) to set the nearest and farest focus point and the size between the focus steps. But this process was very cumbersome and has taken a long time. Approximately one picture every 2-3 second. Now I've my EOS 90D with an internal focus bracketing function which can take up to 7 pictures per second.

But you can only active this function if you use the LiveView screen. Just activate the function in the menu and choose the focus distance between each step (between 1-10) and the number of the pictures which you need for your stack. Then you've to focus on the nearest possible point of your flower or insect and press the button. The camera will automatically takes the pictures and move the focus away from you.

You can stop the process at everytime when you see, that you've covered all needed areas.

Hi Helix_2648 Helix_2648
Do you have more information about stacking with liveview

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020

Thanks a lot!! Sounds good!. but I have two functions like it in my camera, unfortunately the camera haven't still option ''marge'' in camera thems.. as I think.. :unsure:, the newest have.. . It take pictures but photoshop don't understand them well.. . I done one time quite good focus stracking of flowers.. ''feel the frame'' taken in manual and photoshop understood well... but I don't know how it will work like with pictures like your.. :D.
But Danke shön Helix_2648 Helix_2648 !!! I need to try still do it again , maybe one day I'll know how to do it well.. :ROFLMAO: