Want critique Gerbera refraction on vine tendril

The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Sony A7iii, 90mm FE macro lens & extension tube, ISO100, f/9, 1/8 sec, no flash , external LED light used, tripod

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hi,

This is a shoot i did about 2 months ago. The tendril is held over a glass bowl with water to create the water reflection in the bottom of the photo. Lighting is applied to the flower only, darkened room. I have edited with a few tricks (like boosting the water reflection). My next step for these is to stack them while adding new variants. Love to hear your thought and i hope you like it.

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
The master of water drop lol ! Great job, wonderfull , I hope I will be able to make similar result one day ^^

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Greg Thanks!! Let me know if you got questions. I think i will add more details to my refraction guide soon with more photos and examples so hopefully that helps.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
To be honest Chavezshutter... that is FANTASTIC!! I've rarely seen such a beautiful composition. A masterpiece of art!!!
Would highly appreciate more details about your setup if you find time for this. Thanks for sharing!

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Yohanna_D Helix_2648 Thank you both very much for your kind words . Refraction is an excellent tool to add to any macro skillset, so I highly recommend trying it out.

I am expanding my refraction guide to include another effect of refraction i have been playing with:

Still needs work and i want to try with the moon surface next before I put it on the guide. If you like i can show the details for the flower shot specifically.

Reactions: Jack and Helix_2648

Bihari

Jul 27, 2020
Beautiful picture !!!!
Since you ask for critique the only thing when you zoom in is a little bit noisy but that's the point of macro it is already high magnification

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Bihari Thanks! And yes you're right i do see some noise, shouldnt be at ISO 100, only thing I can think off is I may have sharpened universally, next time I will localise the sharpening to the vine and avoid the rest. Thank you for your comments

Reactions: Bihari
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…