Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Your opinion? 

Golden eyes

My late night outgoing yesterday evening allowed me to be able to shoot the portrait of a few green lacewing (Chrysoperla carnea), sometimes called young lady with golden eyes. It is a species of insects of the Chrysopidae family, order of the Neuroptera.
Handheld shots with #nikon D7200, #Laowa 100mm supermacro lens, #neewer cobra flash and homemade curved diffuser.
ISO 100, F/11, 1/250s from South-West of France.

This is a crop in a 3:1 magnification ratio's photo original sice at the bottom of the pic (but another photo).

31082020-DSC_0822.jpg
31082020-DSC_0821.jpg

I'm a French macrophotographer. I started practicing macrophotography in 2015 with a Nikon D3200 and the kit lens 18-55 reversed. After a year of practicing I bought a Sigma 105 mm lens and I use it with a Raynox DCR 250. One year later I...
View all 21 featured items
EXIF
ISO 100, F/11, 1/250s
D7200 + Laowa 100mm + flash and diffuser

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
MinitecaPhotographie MinitecaPhotographie That's a great photo! The eyes are very sharp. Maybe a little less crop and if you look carefully behind the head in the cropped photo you have lost a lot of structure/texture around the "shoulders" as well as the mouth. The eye colour also has less contrast from less shadow/overesposure. I dont mean to be critical its just that i see a lot of potential in your original photo šŸ™ . Keep some shadow around the eyes, and try to keep the details in the face and shoulders, apart from that i like the original photo very much.

MinitecaPhotographie

Legend TEAM
3 4
May 9, 2020
MinitecaPhotographie MinitecaPhotographie That's a great photo! The eyes are very sharp. Maybe a little less crop and if you look carefully behind the head in the cropped photo you have lost a lot of structure/texture around the "shoulders" as well as the mouth. The eye colour also has less contrast from less shadow/overesposure. I dont mean to be critical its just that i see a lot of potential in your original photo šŸ™ . Keep some shadow around the eyes, and try to keep the details in the face and shoulders, apart from that i like the original photo very much.
The second photo isn't the same, just to show how I cropped in.

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
the eyes were the focal point so they are on point;
in the 1st photo I would have gotten closer to the insect because anyway you could not have the entire animal entirely

in the 2nd photo the elements in the foreground kinda draw the attention.
But it's a wonderful photo!šŸ„°:love:

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
These rainbow colors from the eyes looks gorgeous. I would like to see a picture with a higher DOF or maybe a stack MinitecaPhotographie MinitecaPhotographie but the picture looks perfect from the technical point of view. The exposure from the second pictures is a bit low but not too much.

MinitecaPhotographie

Legend TEAM
3 4
May 9, 2020
These rainbow colors from the eyes looks gorgeous. I would like to see a picture with a higher DOF or maybe a stack MinitecaPhotographie MinitecaPhotographie but the picture looks perfect from the technical point of view. The exposure from the second pictures is a bit low but not too much.
It's very hard to do a stacking on those insects because they fly away quite every time after flashing.