Greetings!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

allenlama

May 21, 2020
Hello!

I'm Allen, I live in China, I'm an amateur photographer and since 2018 I've been trying to perfect my macro photography skills. I don't specialize in a particular area of macro photography. I just shoot what I like and how I feel like shooting depending on the weather and location. Thanks, admin, and Greetings to all!

Do you know that you can use the 3D printer as a focus rail? I used my 3d printer as a focus rail, it does work but it''s a bit cumbersome procedure though, If you've got one give it a try.

Step#No.1. Place your camera firmly on the printing bed and make sure it's not moving or wobbling when the bed is moving. (Please turn off, disable or unplug bed's and extruders heating unit.)

Step#No 2. place your subject away from the bed how far or close it's determined by your camera focal length.

Step#No 3.Find the printer setting which allows you to move only the printer's stepper motors (Y-axis ) by microns or millimeters by turning the adjustment button or adjustment dial. (Please turn off, disable or unplug bed's and extruders heating unit.)

Step#No.4 Move the bed by microns or millimeters than take a shot and keep repeating Step#No.4 until you get all the shots as desired (I suggest to you to use a shutter release cable or infrared trigger)I hope you understand my explanation.

Good luck!

Attachments

• weevil signatured.jpg
    weevil signatured.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 5
  • _MG_8205-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
    _MG_8205-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 6
  • Weevil.png
    Weevil.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Spider.png
    Spider.png
    9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hello!
I'm Allen, I live in China, I'm an amateur photographer and since 2018 I've been trying to perfect my macro photography skills. I don't specialize in a particular area of macro photography. I just shoot what I like and how I feel like shooting depending on the weather and location. Thanks, admin, and Greetings to all!

Great photos allenlama allenlama !! , and welcome to the forum, greetings form Finland :)

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi Allen allenlama allenlama! I'm glad to be the first one who says hello and welcome! Seems to be that you've a lot of practice and that you can show us great macros. I'm really excited to see it! Have fun and please don't forget the EXIF! :)

Yeah Helix_2648 Helix_2648 , you only was a bit faster :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :devilish:, Germany win the game to first ;):ROFLMAO:
We have only so lot of fun on the forum together!, I hope allenlama allenlama , you will enjoy with us!! ;)

Reactions: allenlama

allenlama

May 21, 2020
Yeah Helix_2648 Helix_2648 , you only was a bit faster :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :devilish:, Germany win the game to first ;):ROFLMAO:
We have only so lot of fun on the forum together!, I hope allenlama allenlama , you will enjoy with us!! ;)
Hi Allen allenlama allenlama! I'm glad to be the first one who says hello and welcome! Seems to be that you've a lot of practice and that you can show us great macros. I'm really excited to see it! Have fun and please don't forget the EXIF! :)
Thanks I'm still learning.
[automerge]1590080252[/automerge]
Welcome Allen to the community wishing you have a great time here :D
Thanks!

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I hope so, by the way, you've got an interesting profile picture. Thanks.

Thanks allenlama allenlama ;), the nothern lights Aurora, are really beautiful, real wonder of nature.. :love: . I need to find more time and say you all the story about the picture . So shortly, taken only 1 km form my home.., by my friend.. and I love to shoot nothern lights always when thay are.. , althought sometimes I need to in midnight run to sea beach with my camera :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, althought is so cold... , this night was more like -20 C..., life here in the norh is never boring :D ;) . More about soon.. :ROFLMAO:;)

Reactions: allenlama
Status
Not open for further replies.