Hello from Bucharest

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest 1012

Hello from Bucharest/Romania!

My name is Cristian (or Chris) and I'm glad to be here with you. I've been doing photography as a hobby for some time now, to be more exact, for 13 years. I don't consider myself talented or creative but I try to improve my photos with every shoot. I like going and finding interesting subjects (macro or non-macro!) and I like the editing process too.

I actually started with close-ups of objects. I loved to photograph flowers at first (and I still do) because they can be found everywhere and with the first camera I got (a P&S), that was the only way to get a decent DOF/bokeh like I saw in "the real cameras".

Over the time I got more and more technical skills (unfortunately not enough talent) and I wanted more and more to go out and shoot things with the new skills that I learned. Unfortunately the first camera I bought was a bottleneck and it was frustrating that I couldn't get the looks I wanted with it. I decided to get my first DSLR and it was a game changer. It was easier to achieve the shots I wanted by shooting in full manual mode and that got me motivated to continue. Then I got a better job and started investing more and more in camera gears.

Fast forward a few years later, here I am, shooting all sorts of things, from a few milimeter bugs through street photos and a few tentatives of shooting galaxies and stars.

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hello Cristian welcome to the community it is so great to have you here wishing you a wonderful time on the site and hoping you are having a great day.

Reactions: Guest 1012 and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello @Guest 1012 . Once again, a warm welcome to our small community for macro photographers. Glad that you joined us, and hope you will enjoy your stay here. If you have any questions or issues please ask and do not hesitate to contact me or any staff members.

Never stop learning, there is not borders or limit for creativity ;)

Reactions: Guest 1012

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Hello Christian!
Welcome to the community of Macroderie!
You are practicing many years photography and we look forward to see works of yours!
Friendly greetings!

Reactions: Jack and Guest 1012

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi and welcome Chris @Guest 1012! Glad you've found your way to us! Hopefully you became already a bit familiar with our fourm and I'm excited to see your pictures and posts. Please don't hesitate to ask questions if something is missing or you need more information. Have fun!

Reactions: Guest 1012 and Jack

Macroderie

Community User
May 22, 2020
Hello @Guest 1012,

We are changing the status of this thread to closed as this is an old topic. Any questions, do create a new thread in Site Board Help and Support subforums. Enjoy your stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.