Landscape Her majesty, the Kirkjufell!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
An art of capturing stunning nature images. On the way that makes them unique and bring the viewer to the scene.
EXIF
Fish eye 8mm; tripod; iso 200; 1/20s

isulanu

Aug 7, 2020
Hi...another world famous spot: the Kirkjufell ... mythical mountain of Iceland (also known as "Arrow Head Mountain" in Game of Thrones ") ... unusual photo, because we have the two falls (kirkjufellfoss) and the mountain , thanks to the Fish eye!
it is also a place where you risk lining up to take a photo, so much the spot is frequented by photographers from all over the world...more photos on my Flikr's album ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2825-4.jpg
    IMG_2825-4.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 10

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Salut isulanu isulanu :), I agree with Greg Greg, exciting place, your decribing of the picture helped to understand the picture better ;) , it need to be really intresting place in reallity :) , Game of Thrones lanscapes 🤩:geek:. Iceland would be exciting to visit ;)
Intresting to see picture make with fish eye lens ;) , i haven't much experiences with that special lens, but itself I've been using 7-14mm Olympus - my new lens, and It's very intresting for shooting landscapes, I'm intresting about diffrences between fish eyes and my lens.. ;*)
Nice and intresting picture. just maybe diffrend editing would make it better. more clarity- especially ;) :D

thanks for sharing the picture with us ;)

isulanu

Aug 7, 2020
Salut isulanu isulanu :), I agree with Greg Greg, exciting place, your decribing of the picture helped to understand the picture better ;) , it need to be really intresting place in reallity :) , Game of Thrones lanscapes 🤩:geek:. Iceland would be exciting to visit ;)
Intresting to see picture make with fish eye lens ;) , i haven't much experiences with that special lens, but itself I've been using 7-14mm Olympus - my new lens, and It's very intresting for shooting landscapes, I'm intresting about diffrences between fish eyes and my lens.. ;*)
Nice and intresting picture. just maybe diffrend editing would make it better. more clarity- especially ;) :D

thanks for sharing the picture with us ;)
the work with fish eye is not so easy...focus only in manual, and it will be necessary to try to be perfectly aligned so as not to have deformation, which is difficult to achieve in the field. This is why the focus here is not perfect (moreover, the opening does not appear in the exifs), and the mount is slightly distorted .... because, obviously I was not really parallel to the plan;).
that said, it's a great way to capture grandiose panoramas, like, for example, here inside the Seljadjafoss waterfall (still in Iceland)

View attachment 15252

Attachments

• IMG_1644.md.jpg
    IMG_1644.md.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 0

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
the work with fish eye is not so easy...focus only in manual, and it will be necessary to try to be perfectly aligned so as not to have deformation, which is difficult to achieve in the field. This is why the focus here is not perfect (moreover, the opening does not appear in the exifs), and the mount is slightly distorted .... because, obviously I was not really parallel to the plan;).
that said, it's a great way to capture grandiose panoramas, like, for example, here inside the Seljadjafoss waterfall (still in Iceland)

View attachment 15254

Sounds very interesting 😁
My lens 7-14mm pro Olympus isn't easy to use too, but effect are breathtaking 🤩

Beautiful picture 🤩

Attachments

• IMG_1644.md.jpg
    IMG_1644.md.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: isulanu and Greg

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Fantastic! The location looks perfekt for a landscape shooting. I would maybe use a ND-filter to get smooth water and clouds. Maybe I'll able to see it until I'll get too old to travel.

Bart the belgian

May 17, 2020
What à place, I just SAW à documentary about iceland.
Iceland is on my buckedlist. Not only for the beauty of the country but also emotionaly there is à big reason to visit this beautiful island

Reactions: Greg

isulanu

Aug 7, 2020
What à place, I just SAW à documentary about iceland.
Iceland is on my buckedlist. Not only for the beauty of the country but also emotionaly there is à big reason to visit this beautiful island
a country to visit; for the landscapes of course, but also the Nordic and island way of life (especially for me, as a Mediterranean and Latin Corsican), the kindness of the people, the food ... it's really worth it, but beware, it's still expensive as destination.
If you need any advice, don't hesitate to contact me ;)