Your opinion? Here I am...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
f/3.2
1/1600
iso 200
90mm
Canon 1000D
no tripod

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hey Yohanna_D Yohanna_D , that's not your style :D . I'm used to see only butterflies and when you posted this dragonfly I was in shock :D. Anyway, there are some spots which aren't in focus, but I think you are trying something new, isn't it ?

Reactions: Yohanna_D

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Hey Yohanna_D Yohanna_D , that's not your style :D . I'm used to see only butterflies and when you posted this dragonfly I was in shock :D. Anyway, there are some spots which aren't in focus, but I think you are trying something new, isn't it ?
the focus is on the eye that is watching me; I am never looking for entirely sharp insect - like on the whole; hardly every are there insect that are all entirely sharp in my photos; I aim for a part of the insect and most of the time is the head and the eyes of course ;)
so it's not at random, it's willingly done like that.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
the focus is on the eye that is watching me; I am never looking for entirely sharp insect - like on the whole; hardly every are there insect that are all entirely sharp in my photos; I aim for a part of the insect and most of the time is the head and the eyes of course ;)
so it's not at random, it's willingly done like that.

These eyes are pretty sharp. Agree, a lot depends on what you are trying to achieve ;)

• Grinning Face
Reactions: Yohanna_D

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
These eyes are pretty sharp. Agree, a lot depends on what you are trying to achieve ;)
yes exactly; I never look for pure macro where it's descriptive (I have nothing against this style, on the contrary I love it when it's well done and with the right equipment - which I don't have); my style is like wanting to tell a story, like a fairy tale story ;) so that's why I don't look for pure sharpness everywhere ;)

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
yes exactly; I never look for pure macro where it's descriptive (I have nothing against this style, on the contrary I love it when it's well done and with the right equipment - which I don't have); my style is like wanting to tell a story, like a fairy tale story ;) so that's why I don't look for pure sharpness everywhere ;)

You just gave me an idea to create a new profile field for photographers, so they can input what they shooting :) Macro, Proxy or both :)

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Yohanna_D Yohanna_D I like this very much. Sharp, great colours and composition. I'ts very different from what I have seen from you. I see a lot of potential for you with this style. Lots to explore. Well done(y)

Reactions: Yohanna_D and Jack