hey hey!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveG

May 29, 2020
Hi folks

My name is Steve and I'm 44 and from the UK. First up - I'm not a photographer. I'm not really sure what started it but I somehow went from thinking about buying a telescope, to actually buying a microscope then wanting to take pics of the things under the microscope. Further research led to the suggestion of buying a camera and adapter rather than an actual microscope camera. This was in January this year.

I boiled my choices down after a reasonable amount of online research / shopping to either a Sony A7iii or a Fujifilm X-T3. I went with my gut and chose the X-T3.

This camera has been coming everywhere with me of late. With lockdown in full swing I've been going for walks up in the local hills. Got some great pics of the valley and local wildlife (sheep...)

Last week I treated myself to the Fujinon XF80mm 2.8 Macro Lens. Still learning how to use it, but hopefully should have some nice pics to share soon. Will see if I can upload those I put on Facebook last night to this post.

Ste...

View attachment 14131 View attachment 14132 View attachment 14133 View attachment 14134 View attachment 14135

Attachments

• 195.md.jpg
    195.md.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 329.md.jpg
    329.md.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 407.md.jpg
    407.md.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 454.md.jpg
    454.md.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 149.md.jpg
    149.md.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 0
D

Deleted member 250

Hi S SteveG Great to have you on board. Look forward to seeing some more images.Please remember to attach the EXIF info (f stop, shutter speed and iso used) with your pictures and if you have any problems, just ask and someone will put you on the right track

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi folks

My name is Steve and I'm 44 and from the UK. First up - I'm not a photographer. I'm not really sure what started it but I somehow went from thinking about buying a telescope, to actually buying a microscope then wanting to take pics of the things under the microscope. Further research led to the suggestion of buying a camera and adapter rather than an actual microscope camera. This was in January this year.

I boiled my choices down after a reasonable amount of online research / shopping to either a Sony A7iii or a Fujifilm X-T3. I went with my gut and chose the X-T3.

This camera has been coming everywhere with me of late. With lockdown in full swing I've been going for walks up in the local hills. Got some great pics of the valley and local wildlife (sheep...)

Last week I treated myself to the Fujinon XF80mm 2.8 Macro Lens. Still learning how to use it, but hopefully should have some nice pics to share soon. Will see if I can upload those I put on Facebook last night to this post.

Ste...

View attachment 14141 View attachment 14142 View attachment 14143 View attachment 14144 View attachment 14145

Hello S SteveG !
Beautiful pictures you shared here, especially this 3-st one, just wonderful and really out stadnig.. I hope you will enjoy with us in the small community, with us you will great opportunity to learn more, and we from you ;) . So,warmly welcome! :)
Greetings from Finland ;)

Attachments

• 195.md.jpg
    195.md.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 329.md.jpg
    329.md.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 407.md.jpg
    407.md.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 454.md.jpg
    454.md.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 149.md.jpg
    149.md.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Karl

Shan

2 2
Apr 12, 2020
welcome to the community S SteveG. If i may suggest, for the bottlefly photo (and for macros generally), the lower you get the better your photo would be. So the next time you find such a subject try to get the camera sensor parallel to the subject and you may be surprised at the results! (Just a personal opinion, please feel free to ignore :) )

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello S SteveG , welcome to our community. Hope you will enjoy your stay. Feel free to ask if you have any question. ;)

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hello S SteveG! Welcome to our community! You've a written a really interesting story about your way to become a hobby photograph. I like your pictures. Especially the one with the dandelion seeds. Looking forward to see more pictures and posts from you. Have fun.

Reactions: Karl and Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.