Your opinion? Hi guys my first post so go easy on me, Jack found me on a FB forum and asked me to join and post this image.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Hans-Trapp

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2024

Hello Voodoorising Voodoorising

Nice to meet you on this forum. I hope we will see more than one image...
The bee you have posted is very cute. Good composition, blurry and soft background and plenty of sharp details on the insect.
Perhaps the light is a little harsh...
(y)

Voodoorising

Jun 5, 2022

Hello Voodoorising Voodoorising

Nice to meet you on this forum. I hope we will see more than one image...
The bee you have posted is very cute. Good composition, blurry and soft background and plenty of sharp details on the insect.
Perhaps the light is a little harsh...
(y)
Thanks Hans, It was taken with an R7 and RF100-500mm which I have just bought that being the RF100-500. I was messing about in the garden trying to see what its macro abilities where likes its intended as my general walk about lens. I do have a Sigma 105ex II macro also and the Raynox dcr-250. I have attached another some other images taken with the RF100-500

Attachments

• _T7A9748.jpg
    _T7A9748.jpg
    503.7 KB · Views: 5
  • _T7A9058.jpg
    _T7A9058.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 7

Hans-Trapp

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2024
Thanks Hans, It was taken with an R7 and RF100-500mm which I have just bought that being the RF100-500. I was messing about in the garden trying to see what its macro abilities where likes its intended as my general walk about lens. I do have a Sigma 105ex II macro also and the Raynox dcr-250. I have attached another some other images taken with the RF100-500
Two more nice pictures. I particularly like the last one. The light is much softer than on the others and the result is far more pleasant. If you do not have a real diffuser, you could try my favorite DIY recipe : use a straw hat to give a light shadow to the subject.
By the way, what is the nearest work distance you can use with the 100-500 ? I suppose the two pictures you show in that post are taken with the Raynox on the 100-500.

Voodoorising

Jun 5, 2022
Two more nice pictures. I particularly like the last one. The light is much softer than on the others and the result is far more pleasant. If you do not have a real diffuser, you could try my favorite DIY recipe : use a straw hat to give a light shadow to the subject.
By the way, what is the nearest work distance you can use with the 100-500 ? I suppose the two pictures you show in that post are taken with the Raynox on the 100-500.
I have diffusers, Like I say it was just a quick test in the garden to see what I could do with the RF100-500. All 3 images were taken with the RF100-500mm alone, no Raynox or filters where used. I think the RF100-500 minimum focus distance is something like 2.9ft @500mm

Reactions: Hans-Trapp