Want critique Honey bee [dead]

The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi all together,

I found this poor bee on our parking space some days ago. Unfortunately it was already dead.
But I used the chance to take some nice stacks as I don't have taken similar stacks before of honey bees.

I hope you like the results even if the subject was dead.

[HASH=4303]#bee[/HASH] [HASH=370]#insect[/HASH] [HASH=8518]#stack[/HASH] [HASH=185]#flower[/HASH]

Have fun!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I never had chance to take images of a dead bee or other insects, that's because I'm not looking for them. Or where I live is not a lot of insects a lot. Common for big cities.
I really like the second and last photo as I can see the whole bee in focus and in the frame with good composition. While the first and third one are slightly different.

The first one properly personally I would get a bit closer and get the bee in middle of the frame, also maybe increasing the shadow slightly.

The third one, I believe you tried to take a portrait photo of the bee, which you did great photo. But these wings are not in the frame, and same in my view I would love to have them in the frame as well. Is like taking a picture of a plane from the front and not including the wings. But that's totally down to the photographer's eye.

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
wonderful series especially with this technique even though your bee was dead! what a great sharpness!!!

Leraymurat

1 1
Jun 4, 2020
It is rare to be able to photograph a living bee in such a close-up view given the speed of this insect. But it's a shame that her attitude lacks naturalness, especially because of her legs folded under her ...
However, it's technically a nice photo.

Dalantech

Jun 13, 2021
I like the compositions and framing but the light looks odd to me. Looks to be coming from both sides (so too even), with the critter's face mostly in shadow.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…