Photography How often you are cleaning your gear?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
This thread is about general or macro photography discussion. Feel free to talk as much as you want :).

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
As we are all photographers, just interesting how often each of us are cleaning own equipment?

Personality I try to clean my equipment once a month, but also depends on how much I'm using it and the environment too.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
As we are all photographers, just interesting how often each of us are cleaning own equipment?

Personality I try to clean my equipment once a month, but also depends on how much I'm using it and the environment too.

I clean then I see it's needed 😂, or when I have important sessions making for money 🤭 so I remember to do it,but I should do it much often 😂

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

I clean then I see it's needed 😂, or when I have important sessions making for money 🤭 so I remember to do it,but I should do it much often 😂
That's smart. So when you decide that is time to clean your gear?

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
😲
Now you mention about it I remember that I have to clean my gear soon.

• Haha

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Depends on how many times I'm on a photo walk... I clean mostly at least my tripod when I'm taking mushroom photos in the forest, but I don't clean my whole equipment each month unless it's not really needed or there are visible dust spots on the sensor.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Depends on how many times I'm on a photo walk... I clean mostly at least my tripod when I'm taking mushroom photos in the forest, but I don't clean my whole equipment each month unless it's not really needed or there are visible dust spots on the sensor.
How you are cleaning the sensor and the glass of the lenses?

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020

When they are dirty 😂. Oh I need to clear them again!,especially lenses. How about you Jack Jack?

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

I just received my cleaning kit today, I try to clean my kit once a month, I like to keep them in mint condition and ready to be used any time :)