HOW TO MAKE MONEY ON MACRO PHOTOGRAPHY?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Thats good question, apart from selling your pictures to stock websites, I don’t see other options here sadly

and what do you think about any own photo books?, postcards and prints for a wall...? or another prints too with own macro pictures?
maybe it can be good opition.. :)

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I tried to sell my pictures on Shutterstock, but to be honest... nobody wants to buy macro pictures. They all want to have pictures which you can use for advertising and / or social media.

Maybe I'll design a calendar this year with a mix of my best pictures. Not sure if this will work. Let's see..

I also thinking about to ask some local organisations like nature conservation association if they need some of my pictures free of charge but with a copyright text below.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I tried to sell my pictures on Shutterstock, but to be honest... nobody wants to buy macro pictures. They all want to have pictures which you can use for advertising and / or social media.

Maybe I'll design a calendar this year with a mix of my best pictures. Not sure if this will work. Let's see..

I also thinking about to ask some local organisations like nature conservation association if they need some of my pictures free of charge but with a copyright text below.

I love your answers Helix_2648 Helix_2648 , Besta Danke!!!
I have quite same ideas to try take some of products with own best pictures... and try to sell them... :) , it will be great motivation to keep macro photography, as well.. if will be possible to get some of money... great thing.. :)

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

I do agree with you, best way to make money is to print calendars, but then you need clients

Tronto

May 1, 2020
If you have a pub / restaurant / gallery or something similar, you can ask them and have a sales exhibition of your photos. Print images in 30x40 / 40x60 frame they sell them with frames or without. . .

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
If you have a pub / restaurant / gallery or something similar, you can ask them and have a sales exhibition of your photos. Print images in 30x40 / 40x60 frame they sell them with frames or without. . .

That’s actually very good idea Tronto Tronto , but I don’t know how practical will be to put a scary spider somewhere near the guest in a pub or restaurants :LOL: