The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Your opinion? 

Huntsman Spider UVIVF

This spider is glowing. I used special modified UV flash to capture this shot. Normally I would not use such a small aperture on the MP E65mm but this scene called for it since I only had one go at it with no manual rail on hand.
Ultraviolet induced visible fluorescence
Small Huntsman spider , 2X Magnification.
Canon 5D Mark IV
Canon MP E65mm @2x Plus UV cut filter
1.3 seconds (I forgot to put shutter speed back to 1/160 after focus) F14 ISO 5000
2 Modified Yongnuo Yn 560 iii with Hoya U-340 and Schott S8612
Spider gave me the slip after getting this image

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
UV!! Awesome. I've been playing around with 2 UV torchlights for a while but they dont have the punch and sharpness of a modified flash. Those filters you need can be pretty costly. The results look great. I assume there was no other light sources? Love the blue on the eyes, nice photo

Craigo79

Jan 17, 2022

Thanks yes it can be costly to get hold of the filters. I will not part with my flash units as i love doing this stuff. The shot was done in the dark with no visible light. The flash also does not output any visible light. Everything in this image is fluorescence

Reactions: Chavezshutter

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020

Wow spider with blue eyes ,is he dangerous?
Looks very interesting

Craigo79

Jan 17, 2022
Wow spider with blue eyes ,is he dangerous?
Looks very interesting
This image is Ultraviolet induced visible fluorescence. The spiders eyes are glowing as a result of the UV light.. Actually everything in the image is as it was shot in darkness and the UV flash gives off no light on the visible spectrum

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…