Your opinion? I found my mate...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
1/640s
F/3.5
90mm
iso 500
Canon 5D mk III

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
This picture is pure, and the composition, center, is very good ^^ great job !

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I have a new respect for butterfly macro photography. Of all the insect types I shot when I visited the Grampians, butterflies were by far the hardest to approach. They seem to detect people from a very far distance, makes sense as they need to be very good at detecting fast moving birds from far. You really need patience and to be sneaky to get anywhere near a butterfly. Nowdays I just imagine most people taking butterfly photos are wearing camouflage or a full ghillie suit, or at least that's what i tell myself to feel better :LOL:. Fantastic shot, nice light and colours, very well done

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
I have a new respect for butterfly macro photography. Of all the insect types I shot when I visited the Grampians, butterflies were by far the hardest to approach. They seem to detect people from a very far distance, makes sense as they need to be very good at detecting fast moving birds from far. You really need patience and to be sneaky to get anywhere near a butterfly. Nowdays I just imagine most people taking butterfly photos are wearing camouflage or a full ghillie suit, or at least that's what i tell myself to feel better :LOL:. Fantastic shot, nice light and colours, very well done
Thank you Chavezshutter Chavezshutter for your feedback; I will answer a bit your comment because there are some aspects I can tackle.
1. Butterflies are quite hard to approach but not as hard as dragonflies
2. Most insects can be tamed more easily at dusk or dawn (this photo was taken at the end of the day, so generally every insect is calmer as insects get ready for the night)
3. I think the distance between my camera lens and the butterfly was at best 20 cm - so quite close to it.
4. I don't use camouflage clothes but clothes that are quite dirty or they don't risk much - they were chosen for photography only - it's my "photo outfit" if that makes sense.

So there is that. I hope I brought some info with this message.
Best regards.

Reactions: Chavezshutter