Imitation in photography - video

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Personnaly I use imitation for training ^^ When I see your water drop pictures, i want to get the same result, so I try to make the same to train myself. Then, when I got the result i want, I know what to do, then I stop imitating and do it by myself ^^

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Greg Greg I'm the same, if i see a shot I like i will attempt to use some of its components, if nothing else to see what it offers and more importantly for what you learn attempting it, nothing wrong with that. Refraction photography has been around for ages, everyone is more than welcome to try it. Its a cool trick with lots of possibilites. I plan on expanding my guide with more details and photos so i hope it helps :)

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Even the greatest masters of photography haven't invented everything themselves. It's from my point of view a very important part of our learning curve to see new pictures and to ask how other photograph might have done it. and to test it by ourselv later on. So I don't think that it's something bad as long as you don't copy other photographs 1:1