Your opinion? In the name of love

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
f/2.8
1/500s
90mm
iso 200
Canon 1000D
manual mode, no tripod.

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Hi friends,
A soft one for the evening....

View attachment 12163
Very beautiful Yohanna_D Yohanna_D
May be you can let us know some tips on how to achieve such images (both shooting style + Post processing if any).. thanks..
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback.
So, as you can see, the quality of the camera is the least thing to think of; I had a Canon 1000D at that time when I took the photo; I have my own spot of butterflies and this spot hosts some few species of butterfly starting from beginning of April till end of September.
Most of my photos are taken at the end of the day (that was at good times with no pandemic and curfews imposed by the state :D )
Then, I use a macro lens (at that time it was a Tamron 90mm - which is one of the least expensive lenses to use for macros.)
I also use the elements of the nature, I lay flat on my belly and use every single angle possible to have the best shot; patience is my friend, but by the end of the day, butterflies are much calmer than in the midst of the day.
As for editing: I use PS6 and a bit Camera Raw - so I tweek a bit in curves, levels, vibrance, color filter, contrast; nothing too difficult. And the same for both softwares.
The bokeh is natural, nothing added or anything, it's not my style. :)
These are some few tips on how I shoot, even to this day (even though my gear has improved a bit more).
I have a project in mind - to film myself while I am taking photos, so technically it will be done by the end of summer - hopefully. I will share it with all of you, once it's done. :)

• Love
Reactions: subbu

subbu

Dec 24, 2020
Hi friends,

View attachment 12163
May be you can let us know some tips on how to achieve such images (both shooting style + Post processing if any).. thanks..
Great.. thanks a lot for the detailed reply. Personally i like and respect photographers who make images on the field (not heavy editing in PP). so +1 for that.
Regarding "lying flat on the belly" hahah, i empathize. Many a times i get a weird look from the by-passers/walkers due to my postures while looking for a good composition :)
I do have some of my favorite spots and i visit atleast once a week. The advantage of frequent visit to a same spot will improve our understanding of the environment and lighting conditions thus helps a lot in quickly composing the image.
Thanks again.. love to see more of your butterfly images (I am part of local butterfly club and more often go for butterwalks :) )

Reactions: Yohanna_D

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Hi friends,

View attachment 12163
totally agree with you on every single point you've mentioned;
for our awkward positions, a little joke: last weekend I was in the forest shooting and a jogger passed by and he asked me: "Are you ok? I thought you had a stroke." :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
And then he saw me taking pictures and he said "sorry, my bad; have fun"
So I totally get your point.
As for visiting the same spot: soooo true; it's thanks to that same spot I check every single year starting from spring till end of summer that I learnt so much about butterflies, insects, their behaviour.
have a great one :)

• Love
Reactions: subbu