Wildlife Jacky Dragon (Amphibolurus muricatus)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Life in wild, images made outdoors in the wild, example wild animals, and tropic places. Showing the life of these animals in that way how they are living their lives.
EXIF
Sony A7iii, 90mm macro lens, f/10, ISO 100, 1/100 sec. No flash

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hi,

I found this Jacky Dragon basking in the sun while walking some coastal bushlands near Rye a few months ago. It did not care at all about me and my camera and got some great close ups but I thought i would show it in full first, hope you like it.

DSC05160.jpg

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I think I have some images with reptiles in my collection, you just need patience and silence when taking pictures with them. I know Greg Shchepanek Greg Shchepanek , was taking reptiles images before, he might like it.

In terms of composition, I like it, maybe try from front next time ;)

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I think they are hard to find as they are perfectly camouflaged. I like the first one more because of the perspective. You've set the focus perfectly. The sharpness and colors are great as well.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I think they are hard to find as they are perfectly camouflaged. I like the first one more because of the perspective. You've set the focus perfectly. The sharpness and colors are great as well.

Yes, they are very hard to spot, their ability to camouflage, does help them to survive , and makes them very hard to see and take photo.

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Jack Jack Glad you like, the cheeky little guy was checking out my camera equipment, demanding model :). Thanks for your comment🙏
Helix_2648 Helix_2648 Thank you very much.

This particular lizard is rare closer to Melbourne so I got a lot of shots of this one with both my Canon and Sony camera. I have to edit out some more to post up, I may even do a B&W version for the new B&W thread. In hindsight if somehow got low enough i may have been able to get some sky in the background to make the lizard stand out a bit more, not sure if I would have been able to but something for me to note for future.

Cheers

Reactions: Jack