Your opinion? katydid nymph

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
my contribution
Canon EOS R⠀
Sigma 105 macro + Raynox 250
External flash + AK Diffuser
SS1/160 - F/16 - iso250

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Jack Jack, The truth is that I was very lucky, I was cleaning the garden and I noticed the insect immediately stopped what I was doing and grab my camera, what took me the most time was the angle, I took many photos but I did not like them until this was the best I liked it, I'm not entirely happy since I would have liked to have more space between the back petal and the insect's mouth.

Do you also keep an eye on your shutter count as well ? I found that when shooting insects, requires a lot of images to be taken, which at some point affect shutter count. You having camera with you all the time ?

Reactions: ZAMIR PENA

ZAMIR PENA

May 26, 2020
Do you also keep an eye on your shutter count as well ? I found that when shooting insects, requires a lot of images to be taken, which at some point affect shutter count. You having camera with you all the time ?
That is very true Jack Jack macro photography required a lot of photos especially if you do Stack, my camera is only 6 month old but as you mentioned is a really good idea to keep a eye for. Thanks

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
That is very true Jack Jack macro photography required a lot of photos especially if you do Stack, my camera is only 6 month old but as you mentioned is a really good idea to keep a eye for. Thanks

I prefer to play with camera settings and shoot only couple of images, instead of shooting high speed. I always try to keep an eye on my camera shutter count. These days, decent cameras aren't cheap at all.

Reactions: ZAMIR PENA

ZAMIR PENA

May 26, 2020
I prefer to play with camera settings and shoot only couple of images, instead of shooting high speed. I always try to keep an eye on my camera shutter count. These days, decent cameras aren't cheap at all.
[/QUOTE]
Now I have not used the camera so much since the birth of my new son due to lack of time, but the truth is that when I can, I can't resist and take a walk. When I sold my old camera I had 63k and I used it for a few years I think not a big problem when the life sicle is 200k, but as you say is something to watch for. thanks Jack Jack

Reactions: Jack