Want critique Lady Bug

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Canon 70D, EF 100mm macro lens, natural light, hand held, ISO 200, f/8, 1/160s

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
The colors looks a bit unnatural and the lens flare in the bottom right corner is a bit distracting. I don't think that the lady bug was dead during the shooting.

Apart from that the overall image quality looks like a strongly compressed JPG. Could be improved...

Reactions: CA Madhu Ramaswamy

CA Madhu Ramaswamy

Feb 3, 2021
From the position it seems to me that the insect is dead, if that is true it would improve some points, mainly the sharpness.
Thanks Rui_Santos Rui_Santos, Insect was not dead. May be the color composition got messed up due to the bright light. Not sure.
[automerge]1613117965[/automerge]
Not bad, but can be better I think. did you crop the picture ?
Thanks Greg Greg. Yes the image was cropped. It was fast moving so I had to take the photos with continuous bursts. Out of all the frames, I felt this one had better clarity compared to others.

Reactions: Greg

CA Madhu Ramaswamy

Feb 3, 2021
The colors looks a bit unnatural and the lens flare in the bottom right corner is a bit distracting. I don't think that the lady bug was dead during the shooting.

Apart from that the overall image quality looks like a strongly compressed JPG. Could be improved...
Thanks Helix_2648 Helix_2648. Those are natural colors. It was a bright sunny day when I captured this shot. Also in my reply to Greg, this I had to shoot with continuous burst mode. So agree with your comments. No compression. I have cropped and have adjusted for brightness, contrast and color correction. May be that's what has caused the colors to look unnatural.