Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Your opinion? 

Ladybug stack 40 shots

Hello👋🏻
This is a 40 shot stack at f/5.6 1/50s ISO200
Taken with the Olympus OM-D E-M1X and M.Zuiko 60mm 2.8 macro lens.
How did my workflow looked like?
Well, after i take my pictures, I use Helicon Focus to stack the images, I stack them twice. Once in the B method and once in the C method, then I stack those 2 together...
When that is done, i import that photo into Photoshop to clean it up and remove any so called "ghosting" due to the stacking software.
I remove unwanted artifacts from the image using the healing tool.
After this procces i import the image to Lightroom, where i do my cropping, sharpening, color and light adjustments... I slap my watermark on the image and adjust the size and resolution if I post it on socials so their scaling software doesn't mess with my image too much...
I am just getting started with focus stacking and I know I still have many improvements to make.

Let me know what you think about both my workflow and final result.
Thank you for listening😊
Kind regards, Randy
2024-03-12 40bcb ladybug1-Edit PS.jpg

Mar 17, 2024
I'm still using my Canon 7D m2 and my M50 for Creating YouTube videos. Want to upgrade it.
The R6 M2 seems like a solid upgrade, do keep in mind that mirrorless camera's drain batteries way faster... I was very surprised when my Olympus E-M1X was already halfway down the first battery after about 50-75 shots taken...
We are in similar position. I'm working on building site operating similar machines as in your photo. 😂.

I have a macro lens too, but haven't used it as much as I wanted to be honest. Just not enough time to go out and use all The gear.
Ah nice! Getting in that machine was the best choice I ever made in my life, it's stressful at times but oh such a sweet job🤙🏻

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
The R6 M2 seems like a solid upgrade, do keep in mind that mirrorless camera's drain batteries way faster... I was very surprised when my Olympus E-M1X was already halfway down the first battery after about 50-75 shots taken...

I know that battery on Mirrorless doesn't last long, learnt it from my M50 :D.

Ah nice! Getting in that machine was the best choice I ever made in my life, it's stressful at times but oh such a sweet job🤙🏻

I love driving such machines, but don't think will want to do it all my life. Have you tried to make money out of photography?

Hans-Trapp

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2024
Hello Randy
Very nice portrait of a ladybug that you have posted. My workflow is pretty similar to yours. The difference is that I use to make a third stack in mode A, because it gives me very smooth backgrounds. And all the further treatment is made in On1 Photoraw.
Congrats for that very nice macro-job ! (y)

Mar 17, 2024
Hello Randy
Very nice portrait of a ladybug that you have posted. My workflow is pretty similar to yours. The difference is that I use to make a third stack in mode A, because it gives me very smooth backgrounds. And all the further treatment is made in On1 Photoraw.
Congrats for that very nice macro-job ! (y)
Hi Hans,
Thank you kindly! Oh, I'll give that a try next time😊 Thanks for sharing🙏🏻

Mar 17, 2024
So you did offer photography services for free? 😊
I did, mostly for friends and family so I could gain more experience... Looking back, I probably shouldn't have done it for free at all...
I have definitely learned from it, people, even close ones, don't appreciate free stuff... They seem to take it for granted...
For example, a few days ago, I was asked if I could remove my watermark signature from a photo. I was kinda shocked... I refused, off course... Every photo I take free of charge gets my signature on it, period.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I did, mostly for friends and family so I could gain more experience... Looking back, I probably shouldn't have done it for free at all...
I have definitely learned from it, people, even close ones, don't appreciate free stuff... They seem to take it for granted...
For example, a few days ago, I was asked if I could remove my watermark signature from a photo. I was kinda shocked... I refused, off course... Every photo I take free of charge gets my signature on it, period.

That's frustrating. That's the problem when you offer something for free, they will even expect more.

Ive done some videos for free to get to my portfolio. But I still own the copyrights, and won't remove the watermark for no one. I think people think that we don't deliver anything valuable. That's the problem.

Mar 17, 2024
That's frustrating. That's the problem when you offer something for free, they will even expect more.

Ive done some videos for free to get to my portfolio. But I still own the copyrights, and won't remove the watermark for no one. I think people think that we don't deliver anything valuable. That's the problem.
So true! And the fact that everybody has a phone with 100MP and AI support nowadays, which makes them think they can do the same thing...

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
So true! And the fact that everybody has a phone with 100MP and AI support nowadays, which makes them think they can do the same thing...

I'm actually creating Ai images, so it's so easy to be honest. But you need to know how to create them.

I would probably focus on photography as hobby.