Begginer Lens or camera?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member opened a beginner discussion, do give the best advice and tips regarding the topic subject.

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
I am camera first I started with travel cameras before I was thinking of lenses ... my main goal was to develop my views and style before I graduated to what types of lenses I wanted

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
That's could be interesting topic to discuss.

As everyone started from beginning, what you think which is the most important, the lens or the camera?

Personally, i believe that the lens is the most important in equipment as its deliver image quality, while the camera is just a tool whic will help to do the job easier.

When i first started, i didn't knew and bought first the body camera, and after a very cheap lens, and was thinking why my pictures are not as sharp as on others. After a while, i learned that the glass is the most important.

What's your thoughts about it?
I will choose a new lens than a camera. Lenses are investment. šŸ˜¬
That's very true. I would definitely do the same. However, the lens will stil drop in price.

Reactions: lovitazoe

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I am camera first I started with travel cameras before I was thinking of lenses ... my main goal was to develop my views and style before I graduated to what types of lenses I wanted
Everyone started somewhere, when i started i didn't knew that the lens delivers the quality. And when had some blue images, i been asking myself if i have wrong settings on my camera, after a while, discovered that lenses are the one who are doing sharp images.

Yes, is great to start little to see what's your needs in the future, rather than just spending huge amount of money on lots of lenses.

Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I would say that you cannot compare both. A camera body is most important because otherwise you won't need a lens and it should provide at least the minimum needed functions. More AF-point, focus stacking or the speed are for sure very important aspects but a lens provides much more possibilities compared to a camera body. It's the mandatory part of photography... beside your own style and creativity of course.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I would say that you cannot compare both. A camera body is most important because otherwise you won't need a lens and it should provide at least the minimum needed functions. More AF-point, focus stacking or the speed are for sure very important aspects but a lens provides much more possibilities compared to a camera body. It's the mandatory part of photography... beside your own style and creativity of course.
Agree, i would say that camera body should be considered from the style the photographer is doing. Example in sport photography, you want a camera with high fps and good telephoto lens. When doing street photography, you can do with just a simple camera body, but choosing a good wide angle lens.