Want critique Look me in the eyes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
iso: 320
F/16
1/60 sec
Sony A6000, 90 mm sony 2.8 macro with godox V860 II and DIY diffuser

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Looks great Bart the belgian Bart the belgian , before I’ll leave my review, may I ask what you were trying to achieve ? Only eyes ? If yes, then it’s fine. Otherwise I would focus on whole insect . A bit of noise in the picture. You might use Topazdenoise .

Reactions: Bart the belgian

Bart the belgian

May 17, 2020
Looks great Bart the belgian Bart the belgian , before I’ll leave my review, may I ask what you were trying to achieve ? Only eyes ? If yes, then it’s fine. Otherwise I would focus on whole insect . A bit of noise in the picture. You might use Topazdenoise .
Hey Jack, I realy wanted the eyes. I had to bend the camera to have the insect in front of the lens. For the whole insect, do I have to do stacking or just change the F
I installed the month version of Topazdenoise but I realy can't do anything with it. I want to try it first before buying the program.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hey Jack, I realy wanted the eyes. I had to bend the camera to have the insect in front of the lens. For the whole insect, do I have to do stacking or just change the F
I installed the month version of Topazdenoise but I realy can't do anything with it. I want to try it first before buying the program.

Probably depends how much noise you have on the image too. As I used sometimes and did worked well. Anyway back the the subject, if your achievements are eyes, then the image is just perfect. For whole insect I’m assuming stacking will be the best technique, Helix_2648 Helix_2648 can give you a better advice then me on this subject. But I would try to increase f stop, and use a flash when you can, to avoid having bigger ISO. Also, it’s important that your lens has built in IS , if you Are shooting hand held.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Mhh... again the green shading in your picture Bart the belgian Bart the belgian. Don't know why but your color setup looks always a bit faulty or unnatural to me. The focus on the eyes is very good, but the blurry parts behind it are distracting. Stacking would work for such a solution. I would test a stack with f/8 and max. ISO 200. Have a look to the wind because the stack might fail if the leaf is waving.

Maybe I would try to increase the exposure for the upper part of the picture with a fading mask in LR or PS.

Reactions: Jack

Bart the belgian

May 17, 2020
Mhh... again the green shading in your picture Bart the belgian Bart the belgian. Don't know why but your color setup looks always a bit faulty or unnatural to me. The focus on the eyes is very good, but the blurry parts behind it are distracting. Stacking would work for such a solution. I would test a stack with f/8 and max. ISO 200. Have a look to the wind because the stack might fail if the leaf is waving.

Maybe I would try to increase the exposure for the upper part of the picture with a fading mask in LR or PS.
hello Helix,
I realy worked on the green. It's less (and a lot). Because you and others mentioned it , it's the first thing wich i keep in mind. I gonna look how to calibrate the colours of my computer.
But, you have to tell me because i want to change it.
I posted a picture about a tree in another toppic this evening. It's less green. It's on the same computer, same program (luminar 4) but another camera. So mayby it's related to the camera?

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

Attachments

• Look-me-in-the-eyes-denoise-denoise.md.jpg
    Look-me-in-the-eyes-denoise-denoise.md.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 0