Making money from photography

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello. There I will ask a question which probably most of us want it. Do you guys make money from photography, or at least trying it? I know how costly and expensive is to be a photographer.

I was trying before to sell prints but it's hard too.

How you guys are trying to cover your expenses, or just happy to have this skills only as a hobbyist?

Andy Taylor LRPS

Apr 16, 2020
BTW, I opened here a topic about that lf you to get engaged

No for me it's a passion. I have always liked photography since i was 14 and i have photographed everything, but now i concentrate on macro, something the eye can't see.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
No for me it's a passion. I have always liked photography since i was 14 and i have photographed everything, but now i concentrate on macro, something the eye can't see.

Have you tried to sell prints with your pictures?

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I've trying to sell pictures on the Shutterstock and Adobe Stock, I tried to take account on the GettyImages but this is so complicated here 😥, but I'm on the straight way to do it already 😂 only more time ...😂
But Shutterstock and Adobe Stock are quite nice to use ,and people buy pictures some times.. only I need to upload more photos but it need much time...😀
But in last summer I shooted some of photo sessions with horses, children and man portraits for a money.. and my costumers liked it..
I'll try in summer again to sell some of photo sessions like it.. .
Here In Finland people buy more services like it in summer 😂😀 when is lot of sun light and warm..😁🇫🇮

Reactions: Jack and Shan

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
it Is very hard to make money from stock websites, in fact, they make money from your pictures, what you get is peanuts. Which is very sad for photographers like us.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
it Is very hard to make money from stock websites, in fact, they make money from your pictures, what you get is peanuts. Which is very sad for photographers like us.

Yes it's true.. but there is to good sides of them..
And I know some of people that they take great money on the stocks..
they need only much of time .. and hard work .. and own time that they will work well...
I've not enough time for..
I've been on the Adobe and Shutterstoc 1,5 year.. but never so much time to imrove them as need to be that selling go well.. :D

And there is two big USA corporations.. they do high money on us as always :D, sorry Jack Jack :geek: :geek:
but they have good costumer service.. there in USA.. , they know well how to that we stay on :D