Want critique Marguerite

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hello F fotofraivica šŸ˜€,

A nice photo with a very nice subject, I like the fractal patterns in the center and the framing. Looking at the white petals they seem to still hold details which is very good. Perhaps a little more light is needed but this can also added in post , do you edit your photos? The other reason I mention light is that the center appears a little soft when zooming in, seems fine when you look at the whole photo. I'm not sure if the focus was slightly off or if its lack of light.

The other thing that I think you may want to look at is the camera settings, IS0 500 and shutterspeed 1/800 seems a little off to me. I would recommend a lower starting ISO and a lower shutterspeed, wind is the only reason i can think of increasing your shutterspeed for what appears to be a static subject. Something like ISO 160 (which is your best ISO btw, see here for more details) - 200 and shutterspeed of 1/200 would give you lower noise and more light, you can fine tune this to suit your conditions. F/2.8 may also be too narrow DOF for close up work. Let me know what you think and ask if you have questions šŸ˜Š

Last edited:

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
It's a nice fill the frame photošŸ˜ƒ. In my opinion, it just need a little bit of light or increase the brightness a bit.