Your opinion? Melanostoma Hover fly.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Mantis Man

Apr 10, 2020
I had to add this to lightroom to add light as it was very dark.

full

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Same for me, is a bit bright, You added to much exposure on it. Are you editing pictures on Lightroom ?

Mantis Man

Apr 10, 2020
At my mums garden a while back, She has a huge garden with well established Flowers and shrubs. They have a lot of these hover flies, Only problem is they see a shadow they move and it was a bit cold and shady so i presume it needed to warm up. Early is morning is the best time to catch shots of insects as they need to warm up before they can move as fast.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
At my mums garden a while back, She has a huge garden with well established Flowers and shrubs. They have a lot of these hover flies, Only problem is they see a shadow they move and it was a bit cold and shady so i presume it needed to warm up. Early is morning is the best time to catch shots of insects as they need to warm up before they can move as fast.

That's great, have you tried to use a diffuser ? So you can increase your shutter speed and lowering your ISO. For me is a bit hard to catch insects, so now I'm sticking with flowers :), and other small objects.